ALERT: Droid X High quality Pics

VitsDroid

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread. 1Ghz Snapdragon instead of 720Mhz OMAP 3630, if true, would make this phone a failure in my eyes.

I have been reading up on the 720mhz omap 3630 and they seem comparable with the omap actually getting better graphics and lower power consumption.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Reminds me of an HD2. Why in the hell did they use hard buttons on the front? Google is trying to flood the market with all these damn phones. Push everything else out by brute force. ;)

VitsDroid

Reaction score
the thicker part by the camera looks intriguing, wonder if it would be comfortable to hold.

bizzshow

Reaction score
Its got to be the heat becaose they share almost no resemblance to me

Happystranger

Reaction score
Reminds me of an HD2. Why in the hell did they use hard buttons on the front? Google is trying to flood the market with all these damn phones. Push everything else out by brute force. ;)

Over-saturating the market with all these phones. They need to slow down a bit. I just bought the Droid in November of 09..with all these phones coming out the re-sale value is going down.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread. 1Ghz Snapdragon instead of 720Mhz OMAP 3630, if true, would make this phone a failure in my eyes.

I have been reading up on the 720mhz omap 3630 and they seem comparable with the omap actually getting better graphics and lower power consumption.

You want to have some real fun read up on T.I. OMAP 4430 and 4440 as well as some of ST Ericsson's Cortex A-9 stuff.

g8gt2012

Reaction score
I think I'm in the minority with this one, but I personally like the hump. I think it'll make the phone nicer to hold while actually using it as a phone, and easier to see it as an alarm clock in the morning. I don't have a cradle, just plug it up and lay it on the table beside the bed.

Darkseider

Reaction score

Over-saturating the market with all these phones. They need to slow down a bit. I just bought the Droid in November of 09..with all these phones coming out the re-sale value is going down.

I fail to see the issue here. 99% of the time you can get a 1 yr. early upg. for a nominal fee. Then just keep your old phone as backup or for well... whatever.

Happystranger

Reaction score

I fail to see the issue here. 99% of the time you can get a 1 yr. early upg. for a nominal fee. Then just keep your old phone as backup or for well... whatever.

Well the way I see it, if I can sell my phone and use that money to buy a newer phone why not? I sold a 3 month old BB Tour to get the Droid, and I'm going to do the same with the Droid to get something else. It's a vicious cycle..

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Good news...No Snapdragon.

Updated OP.

they just updated the article

tktouch12

Reaction score
it looks nice, but since i have a droid i'm going to wait for a 2ghz device or something a lot more groundbreaking. besides, that hump is ugly.

bizzshow

Reaction score
moto is making it hard. but it gives me a month to hear more on the droid pro and if that bad boy comes with the omap4440 or tegra2 im on board

Sweettooth

Reaction score

I'm not worried about it. I'm cool with my Droid. I got it early December and when the contract expires I'll simply toss it to the side and get the best Android phone that's out and start the process all over again. Technology always reaches obsolescence fairly quick and unless you're obsessed with constantly being on the bleeding edge of technology, it's nothing to worry about. My only gripe with all the new phones is the concern that they're going to lose sight of the support aspect of things. Giving me a new phone is no substitute for turning a blind eye to the flaws of my old one, especially when they're software flaws you can correct with an OTA update. So far they seem to be staying fairly on top of things so we'll see...