Alarm not working

ksclarke

Reaction score
I set the alarm and the time passes and no audible sound. It will vibrate and/or light the trackball, but no sound. Other sounds on the phone work (ringing, notifications, etc.) Any ideas? I tried downloading another alarm program other than the standard Eris one and it didn't work either.

G

Grimster

Works fine for me....You have to uncheck the "Vibrate" setting in the alarm clock settings. I guess you cant have both vibrate and audio when the alarm goes off.

OP
K

ksclarke

Reaction score
Thanks, tried with vibrate and the trackball light off

Thanks, tried with vibrate and the trackball light off, too, but it still doesn't work. This is actually my wife's phone so I don't know what's been installed on there, but I'm wondering if something has conflicted with the sound (though why would the other sound options work)? Not quite to the point of hard resetting it. Any other ideas?

Jolest

Reaction score
Well, it's possible that she managed to set the alarm volume to zero... (Each type of sound has its own independent volume... Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the alarm volume unless the alarm sound is playing -OR- you're at the right place in the clock app...) :)

Try this...
1) Open the clock app.
2) Select the Timer.
3) Tap the "Alert sound" button.
4) Click the volume rocker -up- a couple of times.
5) Tap the "Snooze" sound.

As long as you're on the alert sound selector dialog, you can adjust the alarm volume. Each time you tap the "Snooze", it should beep for about 8 seconds.

Let us know if this fixed it or not.

reeves6347

Reaction score
OMG! thank you so much! i have spent the last few days in rage at my alarm not working. i spent hours on the phone with tech support, no help at all! this got the job done. thanks

Jolest

Reaction score
OMG! thank you so much! i have spent the last few days in rage at my alarm not working. i spent hours on the phone with tech support, no help at all! this got the job done. thanks
Glad to help. :D

Now we wait to see if it works for ksclarke too.

Last edited:

Jolest

Reaction score
BTW, was that Verizon or HTC tech support that couldn't help?

weiln

Reaction score
I'm also having an issue with the alarm not going off. Worked on Tuesday just fine. Wednesday didn't go off. Thursday didn't go off. So when I woke up, I tested it by resetting it for 5 minutes later, and it worked fine. Thought it was just weird. But, last night I set a second alarm for 15 minutes after the first, so I had two alarms set for 430 and 445. This morning, neither went off. So, testing, I reset one for 545, and it went off just fine.

Does my phone just think it's too early to get up? I've verified the sound is maxed on the alarm, the ringer is on, everything is on. Like I said, it works when I reset it for a few minutes from now, just not when I let it sit overnight.

Any suggestions? I never had this problem on my G1 or myTouch3G.

Thanks,
Nathan

JPerkins

Reaction score
Indeed, I too overslept for work today due to my new HTC Eris. I tested the alarm last night for a minute later, it worked. I set it for 6am and 6:15.. nothing, woke up at 8. I just tested it now after reading this forum, and it worked. WTH.

bekah16

Reaction score
Late to work

I was also having this same issue. My ringer is up all the way, including my alarm tone and my alarm failed to go off this morning and I was an hour late to work. I checked it last night within a 5 minute frame period and it was working well. But nonetheless, nothing this morning. Anyone know what the problem is on the Eris alarms? I'll accept any suggestions! :)

Thanks!
Bekah

pope66682

Reaction score
You have to go into settings and change it so the phone doesnt go to sleep. When it sleeps, the alarm does not work

JPerkins

Reaction score
In the droid it is Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake

thanks - so after i do this.. my alarm will actually go off instead of just VIBRATE? The first day it didn't go off at all, this morning... it just vibrated, not sound even though all volumes were up.