Alarm not working

pope66682

Reaction score
Mine works every morning. It vibrates and tones. I have it set so all sounds are off except for alarm. This way my email doesnt alert all night long

JPerkins

Reaction score
Mine works every morning. It vibrates and tones. I have it set so all sounds are off except for alarm. This way my email doesnt alert all night long

Alright - well, I'll try again tonight. I actually downloaded an alarm clock APP last night so i wasn't late! no sound still ..just vibrated. But I'll try what you suggested. Thanks for your help.

loccoelf

Reaction score
If "STAY AWAKE" is the reason it fails why does it only fail 1-2 days out of the week? MINE WAS SLEEPING WHEN IT WORKED AND WHEN IT FAILED!!!!! This has to be the speaker bug they are talking about.

bekah16

Reaction score
sleep/not sleep

Ok, so I figured this out on my own, I hope this works for some of you. When I bought my phone at the Verizon store, the rep downloaded a app for me called Advanced Task Killer. Basically you use that app to stop all other apps on your phone to save the battery. Well ever night, and a few times during the day, I was shutting off all my apps running in the back ground with this app. At night, I'd set my alarm then use the app killer. What I realized, was I was killing my alarm clock even though the little clock was still in the notification bar on the top of my screen.

So if you're still going to use the app killer, which I suggest still using, just make sure you unclick the alarm clock under all the apps that are still running. I hope you all have luck with this! I wasn't late to work this morning and very happy about it! :)

loccoelf

Reaction score
yep

I have APP KILLER ADVANCED and ALWAYS make sure the ALARM CLOCK APP is still running. I have tested this thoroughly multiple times. I still cannot get my clock to work all 5 days of the week it always screws me over at least 2 days!

Last edited:

MOTODROID JON

Reaction score
I've had the same intermittent alarm issues as well... i haven't been paying attention to whether i'm killing it or not with advanced task killer... i will have to try that.

I was also thinking it was a glitch with the software and if you hit dismiss it will dismiss it for the rest of the week. i've been setting it every night right before bed and its been working... just the MON through FRI option isn't working, I reset it every night.

Jon

loccoelf

Reaction score
Test

Would you mind testing this with me and seeing what exactly is the root cause? Anyone?

Audioslavery

Reaction score
GUYS!

OKAY, so i found the ROOT CAUSE of this!

I too had my alarm woes but this is the solution.

When setting up your alarms, choose your alarm tone and then ADJUST YOUR VOLUME WHILE ON THAT SCREEN! Simple as that, some of the alarms were not going off so I just happened to find the "ALARM VOLUME" when scrolling through alarm tones.

This option does not seem to be visible anywhere else, kinda asinine.

loccoelf

Reaction score
nope

Sorry this isn't the solutkion. as we said we have everything set and the alarm even works great for most of the week then doesn't, then does again all without the alarm volume option never being touched!

Audioslavery

Reaction score
I never touched my alarm volume either when mine failed me, but since I've started double checking i haven't had an issue.

Alarm volume does not equal ringer volume btw.

stephenryanfox

Reaction score
thank you

I just want to thank u guys for this post. I had the same problem and I was banging my head on the wall

loccoelf

Reaction score
Ok so my alarm volume was maxed this morning and the damn thing didnt even come on at all! This is annoying...even with the stay awake option AND ALL volumes maxed it doesnt work..its a bug. I think I remember this with my G1 but not sure if its the same issue.

Jolest

Reaction score
Ok so my alarm volume was maxed this morning and the damn thing didnt even come on at all! This is annoying...even with the stay awake option AND ALL volumes maxed it doesnt work..its a bug. I think I remember this with my G1 but not sure if its the same issue.
The alarms have a day-of-the-week setting... Make sure you've got the days checked that you want it to alarm.

Oh, BTW... The day-of-the-week settings are (IMO) poorly labled in the "Set alarm" dialog behind the "Repeat" button...

Last edited:

Jolest

Reaction score
GUYS!

OKAY, so i found the ROOT CAUSE of this!

I too had my alarm woes but this is the solution.

When setting up your alarms, choose your alarm tone and then ADJUST YOUR VOLUME WHILE ON THAT SCREEN! Simple as that, some of the alarms were not going off so I just happened to find the "ALARM VOLUME" when scrolling through alarm tones.

This option does not seem to be visible anywhere else, kinda asinine.
There is more than one thing that can cause the no-alarm problem. I mentioned the alarm-volume fix you mentioned earlier in this thread... :huh:

KatrinaE

Reaction score
Droid Alam

I was having huge issues trying to get my alarm to sound; here is what worked for me:
- Select the clock
- Select the Alarm option
- Select/add the alarm you want to set
- Select "Alarm Sound"
While in there selecting your sound, use the two buttons on the left of the phone to increase/decrease the volume.
And you can have both vibrate and the sound you choose.