Alarm and Timer App Problem

jackmccarron

Reaction score
The bundled "Alarm and Timer" app on my DroidX has no audible alarm. It works great on vibrate. There is a alarm volume control which I have set to max, but don't hear anything when the alarm goes off. Same with countdown timer. Cant find any on/off control for the sound or any selection of alarmtones.

All my other audio works fine and the phone rings on calls

Am I missing something?

T-Shirt Racer

Reaction score
I'm definitely having the same problem. I'm making sure that the volume is turned all the way up on ringer, speaker and in each app that allows volume control. The vibrate works fine but with it on or off the sound doesn't work on the alarm or is very very low. I downloaded the app Alarm Clock Plus and it works fine so far but you have to tell it to use maximum volume within it's settings since the Droid X isn't very loud to begin with.

OP
jackmccarron

jackmccarron

Reaction score
This is embarrassing, but about a week ago I discovered the solution to my problem. When setting each individual alarm (NOT in the global alarm settings) there is a selection called "Volume - use increasing volume". I had this selection checked.

It causes the alarm to start out very very soft and to very gradually increase in volume. I wasn't waiting long enough to hear it clearly.

Apparently in my haste I must have thought that "increasing volume" would make it louder. It's just the opposite.

Racer, I'm not sure this is your problem, but it solved mine. My alarms now are plenty loud enough, although I found that many of the alarm ringtones themselves are not very loud. The loudest one (although I don't like it much) is the "Rooster Alarm".

Jack.

I have not yet begun to procrastinate.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try the ringing bell. That's a real how-do-you-do.

As for the quiet timer alarm, I think it is a bug. It'll probably get fixed with the update. Until then, there are plenty of timers free in the market. Search stopwatch.

ranchpig

Reaction score
It causes the alarm to start out very very soft and to very gradually increase in volume. I wasn't waiting long enough to hear it clearly.

Apparently in my haste I must have thought that "increasing volume" would make it louder. It's just the opposite.

Racer, I'm not sure this is your problem, but it solved mine. My alarms now are plenty loud enough, although I found that many of the alarm ringtones themselves are not very loud. The loudest one (although I don't like it much) is the "Rooster Alarm".

Yep... that did it for me too. Who thought that it would be a good idea to have that feature.. ?? A soft wake up! give me a break.