Alarm clock that allows you to use your own mp3?

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I'm not seeing the alarm folder. I'm using Astro, and I even did a search for it, but came up with nothing. Where is the alarm folder?

Royal2000H

Reaction score
I use math alarm clock because otherwise I turn off my alarm in my sleep.
It also has a music and a playlist option.

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I'm not seeing the alarm folder. I'm using Astro, and I even did a search for it, but came up with nothing. Where is the alarm folder?
I believe you have to make one, on my Droid it is x:/audio/alarm

So then once that gets one do I just put whatever song I want in there? And then how would I select it from within the alarm clock? Are you sure this works?

JayCizzo

Reaction score
When setting the alarm there is an option to select the ringtone. I have tried making an alarms folder but they don't show up as an available choice in the alarm ringtones. The only way I've gotten it to work is to go in to the stock music app, find the song you want as a ringtone, long press it to bring up options, select "Use as phone ringtone". Then when I go back to the alarm it is available as a ringtone.

edit: Nevermind, the alarms folder method works great, I just needed to reboot after I created the folder and dropped the ringtones into it. :motdroidvert:

Last edited:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I believe you have to make one, on my Droid it is x:/audio/alarm

So then once that gets one do I just put whatever song I want in there? And then how would I select it from within the alarm clock? Are you sure this works?

Guaranteed. Mount your Droid and check to see what folders are already there. The first day I had my Droid I created a directory called "media" directly on the SD card. Then in the media directory I created a subdirectory called "audio". Then in the audio directory I created subdirectories called "notifications", "ringtones", and "alarms". Then I just dropped my files into the appropriate folder, and assigned ringtones to contacts, email, and alarm clock.

For notifications: media/audio/notifications
For ringtones: media/audio/ringtones
For alarms: media/audio/alarms

That's worked for me and after few months I've had no issues at all. Each assigned ringtone works each time. Good luck!

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Don't need to do all that folder crap. Like another person said, just long press a song from within a music player to set it as a ringtone. You'll have to undo the phone ringtone and put it back to whatever you want, but you can then go in to the specific alarm you have set and set that song as the alarm. Easy!