After restore droid battery dies faster and other problems?

JTDroid

Reaction score
Of course a know issue is when you upgrade to froyo, the battery does not last as long. But recently i decided to restore the phone, everything was fine, but now the battery does not last at all, drains faster than when i upgraded the first time, i can fully charge it and go to sleep for 8 hours with the alarm on and i wake up to the battery at 80% or 70%. Also i been having problems with the phone going from 3G to 1x...it keeps going back and fourth...after the restore. Along with when im using the touch screen and lets say i use the back button, the next screen already has selected a part of the screen, as if i touch dat part of the screen, its highlighted in orange. Any one with the same prob or any suggestions???

OP
J

JTDroid

Reaction score
I Have the Original Motorola Droid, and no im not rooted completely stocked, and by restore i mean i went into the settings and did a factory data reset.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay. Unfortunately I believe the battery drain has been a complaint since the 2.1 update came out. And I think the drain only got worse with the 2.2. I do know that Verizon has been working on many of their towers and that the 3g is known to fluctuate depending on your location. At this point I can only say that I would suggest that you possibly purchase an Extended life battery and/or get in the habit of charging the phone every night while you are asleep. That is what I do. My wall charger is beside my bed and every night I plug it up when I go to bed and then unplug it in the morning. If I don't I will have a dead battery by evening.

OP
J

JTDroid

Reaction score
yeah i know that those have been probs, but ever since i reset my fone the battery seems to have like realli given up and doesnt last as long as it did before the reset. Also after the rest i have this problem now that if i go to lets say one of my apps, the app opens up, then i hit back or home for some reason one of the icons is already selected and highlighted in orange