Droid X battery problems

The Boogan

Reaction score
I got my Droid X on Tuesday and I love it so far. The only problem I have is that the battery does not last. When i got it I turned it on and used it until the battery died. Charged it to 100% and used it til it died again. I have had to charge it twice a day the past two days and today I unplugged it an hour and a half ago and its already at 80%, is something wrong with it?

Reaction score
Glad you asked this because I was about to. I picked up my DroidX yesterday and had to charge it once in the afternoon, then plugged it in right before bed. This morning it had a full charge and I was at work so I was using it here and there to check email and stuff. By the time I came home at 2:30pm the phone was at 40%.

This means that on the weekends when I will probably be using it a lot more, it won't even last a whole day.

fishstick600

Reaction score
The battery needs to go through a few cycles before u can judge the life. I get over 20 hours on the stock battery and 30 ish on the extended

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So do you think it will get much better? Did it start out with not much battery life for you in the beginning?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

fishstick600

Reaction score
Yeah it will get a lot better. Drain it all the way about once a month and other than that its safe to charge after 70% I get 20 hours+ on the stock battery

OP
T

The Boogan

Reaction score
How many cycles does it take before the battery is at full power? And should I get the extended battery?

fishstick600

Reaction score
Um I think after a week I had a marked difference in battery life and I would highly recommend.the extended battery. I can squeeze out about 30 hours on it with light use.

superkyle

Reaction score
Just to put it there if you didn't think about it already. But the default task killer is deal. That this will drain your battery life real quick. You need an app like "watchdog." It let's you kill run away app, without having to blindly killing all tasks. Those task killers will kill all tasks, including the ones your phone needs to run. And since your phone needs them, they will automaticly start up again. And apps use the most amount of power and memory when they are starting up. So you are using the task killer a day long you are stopping and starting core apps all day long. Which will kill your battery life. I was getting maybe 6 hours of use when I was using those blind task killers. Now with watchdog, I get about 12 hours of hardcore time. Playing music browsing the web, use all types of apps. It does require you to be a little more active in the day to day opperation of your phone. But worth it. I suggest reading up on watchdog first, before installing.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App