My Droid dies in it's sleep!!!

Noogums

Reaction score
So far this has happened twice, and I am not happy. Every night before I go to bed I turn my motorola droid off. Yesterday morning and this morning I have woken up and it doesn't turn on unless I plug in the charger and when it comes on i have 0 battery.

Each time I went to bed I had ATLEAST 70% battery left. Last night I fell asleep at around 12. Before that I was just screwing around with tasker, still ~80% battery.

This has only been happening since I manually updated to android 2.2. Also, my facebook app is on version 1.3.1 (latest) so it can't be that. Right?

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Put your phone on the charger before you go to bed each night. It will be at 100% every morning. :icon_ banana:

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
I shouldn't have to do that...

Btw, seperate question- is it particularly bad to leave the phone on for days at a time? I've always turned my phones off before I've gone to sleep in fear that if I leave it running it would break :s

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've charged mine every night since last November. No issues and I have great battery life. I know this doesn't answer your question, but it is a practical solution.

I use my phone heavily every day so I can't answer your "days at a time" question.

good luck.:)

Reaction score
Charging more often is better for your battery anyways. I never turn my phone off, ever, and charge it every night.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score

Eh, didn't really offer anything for my specific problem, but the first one did mention a really neat app to adjust volumes/data and stuff for different profiles. So I got that out of it...=P

I adjusted some things and got rid of some apps so I'll see what happens tonight and report back tomorrow.

OP
Noogums

Noogums

Reaction score
So it wasn't tasker's fault so thats good. But it still happened last night. I went to my verizon store and talked with the tech people in the back and the guy asked me if I had gotten the 2.2 yet and I said yes and he said he'll ship me out a new phone...

Great...well its a new phone atleast. I'm on my 3rd droid. I dropped this one a fair amount of times so a fresh one would be cool. I hope it fixes it, if not Ima call motorola directly and complain and see if they will change my phone completely. maybe to a droid x or droid 2 (when its released)