After a full charge, unplugging causes it to drop battery %?

Fullstop

Reaction score
I love my newest Godphone. There has been a few bugs suh as my wife sending texts not from her phone number, but from her simnumber. Of course the local store fixed it when the battery pull didn't work, and blamed it on a low battery. (40%, and they took it in the back. Dirty slappers.)

Anyhow, mine is only presenting a battery reading problem. After a full night charge, unplugging it will cause it to drop wihin seconds to 99, 98, then 97%. I cannot keep it within the 90s after just sending a text message.

Screen brightness is one step above dim, and the first thing I did was turn off sync, bluetooth, wifi, etc.

I'm more confused than anythig st this point. Losing ten percent in less than three minutes of unplugging is damn odd. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Sent from my ZeusPhone using DroidForums App

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
The battery drain is a known issue with HTC. This is the same issue the Incredible had. The workaround that was recommended is as follows:

Plug the phone in and charge it until the indicator light turns green (usually around 4-5 hours), then unplug it wait a minute, plug it back up until the light turns green again (about one hour), unplug it again and replug it up and charge again until the light turns green. After this unplug you should have a completely full charge and not see the immediate drop.

evereddie

Reaction score
I wonder if charging the phone while turned off ( I know, God forbid ) would make a difference.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wonder if charging the phone while turned off ( I know, God forbid ) would make a difference.

Unfortunately no. The Android OS is triggered to turn on when plugged up. About the only time the phone charges with it off is when it dies completely, but even then the minute you plug it up and it gets an ounce of juice it turnes on.

n0yxl

Reaction score

Unfortunately no. The Android OS is triggered to turn on when plugged up. About the only time the phone charges with it off is when it dies completely, but even then the minute you plug it up and it gets an ounce of juice it turnes on.

The 1st thing I did when I got my Thunderbolt(ordered online), was to charge it. I just installed the battery, and plugged it in. It didn't trigger a boot; like my Droid would have.

DJStormX

Reaction score
My phone can turn off and i can charge it.....it doesnt turn back on while charging unless i press the power button.

slinky

Reaction score
Well I do not know. Mine will not stay off when charging but I am following the recommendations I posted above and I am getting a full day with heavy use out of the battery.

Let us know what you're doing and what you're using - truly. I'm not getting anywhere close to a full day of use, unfortunately, and I'm far from the only one.

I just did the "battery bump" twice. Took the phone off the charger - 100%. Texted an SMS in low light. Now it's down to 95% 2 minutes later. The "bump" only works for so long. Yesterday I streamed video from Youtube for 10 minutes. I saw a drain of at least 15%.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yesterday (which was the first day after implementing the charging procedure listed) I had a one hour phone call with my mother, several other short calls, texts between me and my two daughters, ebay searches, forum postings, twitter and facebook. I was really using it hard to see what would happen cuz I don't usually use my phone so much in one day.

slinky

Reaction score
This morning my phone has been unplugged now for two hours. I have gotten 28 emails, 56 twitter alerts, 4 text messages and was on the forums before I turned on my computer and I am still sitting at 99%
I hope your battery indicator is telling you the truth, lol. I took the phone off the charger and made 1 text this morning. It dropped from 100 to 95%. Go figure.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
*** While knocking on wood*** I guess I have been one of those that have been very lucky. I only hope it continues otherwise I will get an extended battery or another battery to have on hand that I can switch out.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I also am not in a 4g area nor am I even close to one. I understand that the 4g network is a battery hog and if you are close to a 4g network your phone is searching for it in the background which helps to kill the battery.

evereddie

Reaction score
One factor that affects battery time is how good your signal is. If you are in an area with weak signal the phone has to put out more power to hit the tower. This is regardless of talk time or just standby. (It is still handshaking with all of the services) If you are in a strong area the phone scales back to a much weaker output power and you get more battery life. Sometimes it can make a big difference. My wife and I noticed this big time with our feature phones when we stayed at a cabin for a weekend with next to no coverage. Our phones were using up battery charges like crazy.

Grouchy

Reaction score
After exactly 2 hours unplugged, I did maybe 15 min of web browsing and 10txts and am down to 94%, not that great but also not as bad as some are experiencing.

Also, I'm in north jersey so 24/7 4G signal.