ADW or Launcher Pro or Helix or aHome?

LabShark

Reaction score
Anybody have any thoughts on which one is a good fit for a fairly new user to a Droid?

All 4 have their group of loyal users, it comes down to personal preference. Why not try 2 at a time, or all 4 and download home switcher from the market so you can toggle between the 4. I used to be a loyal Helix user until I found LauncherPro. I tried ADW but not really for me. Hope this helps!

LauncherPro was my fav until i found ADW.launcher.

That was quick. :)

Do any of these have themes or wallpapers either built in or on the market?

I do not think Helix runs under 2.2. Home switcher does not run under 2.2

Each is a great home replacement. All have their individual strengths and weaknesses. I suggest you download and try them all and use the one that suits you best.

Bob

I use ADW.launcher with ADWtheme faded but their are many choices in the market

Each have features that makes one different from the other. I can only speak about LauncherPro, it comes with wall papers and icons, not necessarily themes.

I'd give all a try, like RoNYC said, but unfortunately Home Switcher doesn't support Froyo. In 2.1 you could select any home as default or "launch" a home to try it out (pressing "Home" would take you back to your default Home). Now you can't select your default home in Home Switcher (although you can still "launch").

There is an app called ClearDefaultHome which simply clears the default so the next time you press "Home" you'll get a choice.

Personally I have ADW and LauncherPro Plus, but I use the latter mostly.

During the setup of LP - is there a choice to make it the default?

During the setup of LP - is there a choice to make it the default?

Whenever you add a new Home (or get an update of a Home) when you press the Home button for the first time you'll get a list of Homes to use. At the bottom of the list is a checkbox to use your choice as default. Check that before you make a choice.

You can always clear that default later on if you wish by going to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > [whatever your defaut Home is] and Clear default. The ClearDefaultHome app takes you straight to your default Home and you press the Clear default button.

Yes there was. :)

I don't see any new icons or wallpapers - did I do something wrong?

I would suggest unless you want to donate to support the dev to not waste the money on launcher pro plus. I found the widgets to be worthless. All I wanted was the people widget, and it doesn't even show your facebook contacts, only your gmail ones, and who has those.

Back