What the hell is up with Helix Launcher 2?

toastedoats

Reaction score
I have never had any Launcher2/3D app drawer run "fast" on my device. They all seem to be a bit slow, especially on first launch

Big Cam

Reaction score
I'm curious if you click the checkbox that says use this as the default, and you choose Helix, how can you get back tot he regular home without uninstalling helix?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if you click the checkbox that says use this as the default, and you choose Helix, how can you get back tot he regular home without uninstalling helix?

Go into settings>applications>manage applications then find and click helix launcher, and finnaly click clear defaults (or something like that. If you have it installed to /system/apps, then click the menu button>filter>all, then search for it.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, Scroll down to HelixLauncher, tap it, then tap "Clear Defaults".

Diordna

Reaction score

Even better and easier than the other suggestions:

Market>"Home Switcher">done

ZBoater

Reaction score
Helix2 works very good for me.

Ultimate Droid v10 update w/Bekit's 5x1200LV kernel

Wadman

Reaction score
I installed Helix after hearing good reviews. Had it for 2 days and really liked it at first. On the third day, it went completely nuts. Foreclosed everytime I tried to open something. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it and again, 2 days of smooth running, then my phone got really, really, really slow.......I mean I honestly couldn't do anything with it. Kind of like it locked up. Would have to take the battery out to get it to work. It did this about 5 or 6 times so I uninstalled for good. I really liked the setup of it, but as far as functionality.....it sucked for me. :mad:

madaopul

Reaction score
I am currently using Helix2 and it works fine for me but it does seem to lag up a little bit when rotating the phone or after I open the keyboard.

Diordna

Reaction score
Even better and easier than the other suggestions:

Market>"Home Switcher">done

Home Switcher is great for testing out different home apps
And switching (hince the name home switcher) to different home replacements.

Just clicking Home Switcher gives you a list of all your home replacements with options to launch whatever one. Easiest way.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I am curious now, of those having problems or not with Helix2, are you using the App Dock or the Standard Android 2.1 Navigation Dots?

Sound off.

Example.

H2 Great /(Nav Dots or App Dock or App Dock w/glass) & (yes/no) Auto-Rotate

H2 Crappy/(Nav Dots or App Dock or App Dock w/Glass) & (yes/no) Auto-Rotate

Mine is:

H2 Great/Nav Dots & NO auto-rotate.

Last edited:

madaopul

Reaction score
H2 Crappy/App Dock - Auto Rotate
**Edit** I noticed that it is even slower if Auto Rotate is not on.

Last edited:

LVGDroidFan

Reaction score
I use Helix 1 and love it - no problems at all. I tried Helix 2 for a few days but ended up uninstalling because it just doesn't seem to run well on the Droid - weird formatting errors on the app tray if you rotate the phone or dock it. I would try 2 again if this was fixed, though, because the 3d app tray is pretty cool when it works.