What the hell is up with Helix Launcher 2?

skitch92

Reaction score
Okay guys. I admit I'm fairly new to apps that change the droid such as OpenHome and Helix.

I currently have Helix Launcher 2. I absolutely love the setup. The thing is, it runs so damn slow.

What can I do to make this run smoother with the Helix 2 running?

Thanks in advance,

Skitch

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Have you tried using just Helix Launcher??? I have heard that Helix 2 doesn't play very well with the Droid. Even the developer states if you want speed go with the original Helix. I run it and have had only one FC. Runs smooth and you would never know it isn't a part of the OS.

tu3218

Reaction score
Helix Launcher 2 does not work well with the droid at all. You can't do anything to make it run better. Just install helix launcher, it works really well an is very fast.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't had single FC with helix 2, plus it runs just as smooth as the stock home.

I don't know what causes problems for you guys.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I haven't had single FC with helix 2, plus it runs just as smooth as the stock home.

I don't know what causes problems for you guys.

Same here...ok, I think maybe 2 Fcs coming in or out of the 2.1 Dock Clock in the last 2 weeks, but that's it.

I like IT!!

Screen shots in sig below, as you can see I have a fair about of widgets too...

solorca

Reaction score
My opinion is to drop HelixLauncher (both versions) and save yourself the trouble. Both of them seemed to work ok for a period of time, until they completely screwed up in some way.

I'm happy without them. Thank god for sprecovery.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
My opinion is to drop HelixLauncher (both versions) and save yourself the trouble. Both of them seemed to work ok for a period of time, until they completely screwed up in some way.

I'm happy without them. Thank god for sprecovery.

Curious, where you replacing your native home/launcher with Helix/Helix2, or just installing it as an app from the Market???

jev

Reaction score
The only problem I've had was fc issues on Ultimate droid. On all other roms helix2 has been super.

soops

Reaction score
Before I rooted, I installed helixlauncher (from the market) and when I used either ebuddy or fring I get FC every time I switched orientation. I ended up uninstalling helixlauncher (that was a pain to do).

Reaction score
Helix one has worked great for me. I have a stock droid. Helix2 is very slow and I removed it. The 3d app tray would sometimes take as much as 5 seconds to appear and it was never very smooth. Sometimes it would get stuck, sometime it would FC, and once I got a reboot. Removed it.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I was using Helix 2 for a while, but it just became a hinderance so I went back to Helix 1 and I'm very happy again.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any FC's, but plenty of times with orientation changes that the lettering doesn't stay aligned, a restart is necessary.

I've said it plenty of times, the 3d app drawer was never intended for the droid, due to it having a landscape mode...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I remove any other launchers after installing helix2. Maybe that's why mine runs so smooth?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I forgot to mention that I remove any other launchers after installing helix2. Maybe that's why mine runs so smooth?

Too funny, I just installed my H2 from the Market and it is also smooth and quick.. it was almost as quick as the Stock Launcher stock, but now with 1ghz OC, it is now super quick and smooth!!!

My screen swipes as fast as I can swipe my finger, and the NAV DOT screen changes just snap from screen to screen.

Sure the 3D drawer doesn't open as fast as the normal one, but less than 1 second to fully open is plenty fast for me....besides if it "snapped" open instantly it wouldn't have the cool 3D animation as it opens.

FWIW, I am runnning a Pure Stock OTA ROM (no custom Rom) that I manually Rooted, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.