Advice before selling my Note 4

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will be listing my Note 4 on eBay in the next day or so since I just upgraded to the LG V20. Besides resetting back to factory default, should I also physically remove the SIM card or is that something that has to be left in? My guess is that it might include information about me that I wouldn't want them to have.

It's not a rooted device so I wouldn't have to take it back to stock. Any other recommendations?

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, I just deleted my signature picture since I sold my motorcycle last year, and the new picture is HUGE.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Vulcan1600, there is something else you may need to do before you sell so that the new owner can activate it. Otherwise, they would need your gmail log in information. If you are on lollipop or above, the fdr is not enough. You need to remove the Google device protection.

-If you already did a factory data reset (fdr) then you will need to sign back into your phone to remove the Google device protection.
-go to settings -> accounts->google.
-select your Google accounts and delete them.
-then do another fdr...or two.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a thought but the 4's aren't really going for all that much. I know you do a lot of biking and what not the Note 4 would make a great MP3 and GPS. I use mine like a small tablet for a lot of stuff.

Samsung Note 7.5
Excellent advice.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping mine as a backup. Even ordered a couple extra batteries just to have them.

Samsung Note 7.5
When I saw the 7 was gonna have a sealed battery I ordered a new one for my 4. This was before I was proven right as to why it's a good idea to have removable batteries in phones.
e5ac6fbac544c118fdaecee94a8e8343.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vulcan1600, there is something else you may need to do before you sell so that the new owner can activate it. Otherwise, they would need your gmail log in information. If you are on lollipop or above, the fdr is not enough. You need to remove the Google device protection.

-If you already did a factory data reset (fdr) then you will need to sign back into your phone to remove the Google device protection.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Ok I just did what you said, and I deleted all accounts that showed up like Yahoo, Dropbox, Cloud, etc. and doing the factory reset. Thanks for the heads up.

Miller - I hope to get around $200 for the Note 4, if I get somewhere in that range I'll be happy. I have an old Samsung S3 that I kept for my alarm clock and if I really wanted to I could use it for music. However, I have a Slacker account for $3.99 a month and I store the stations I want from it and play it offline so I don't use data while in the car. It works out great.

Thanks for the advice and help everyone. Now to see how much I get for this baby.