LG V20 Owner

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those photos you mentioned, was one of them an Amish buggy/horse setup? If so was that full auto on the camera or a special setting? Reason I ask is it did a great job of freezing the horse and wagon wheels with no blur at all, even when I zoomed it out. It looked like a statue.They all look really nice.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Strictly on automatic. I didn't have time to do anything more than snap the pictures since there were runners heading towards the sand bags as well as the buggy going by at the road.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Strictly on automatic. I didn't have time to do anything more than snap the pictures since there were runners heading towards the sand bags as well as the buggy going by at the road.
The one I was particularly interested in looked like it was just prior to passing your position and the lighting was a bit off but the camera seemed to have compensated for that as well, cutting the glare on the shiny spots enough to reduce it but not eliminate it, thus a more realistic shot and not necessarily over compensating like HDR does at times. I can get that same blur elimination using sport mode on the Note4 but not the glare reduction you got. Mine darkens the whole shot trying to cut the bright stuff out too often if I just do full auto.
Here's an example of what I mean
745f2c8dfc7c7d510e53e86303640506.jpg
whereas yours did a much better job of correct lighting compensation.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one I was particularly interested in looked like it was just prior to passing your position and the lighting was a bit off but the camera seemed to have compensated for that as well, cutting the glare on the shiny spots enough to reduce it but not eliminate it, thus a more realistic shot and not necessarily over compensating like HDR does at times. I can get that same blur elimination using sport mode on the Note4 but not the glare reduction you got. Mine darkens the whole shot trying to cut the bright stuff out too often if I just do full auto.
Here's an example of what I mean
745f2c8dfc7c7d510e53e86303640506.jpg
whereas yours did a much better job of correct lighting compensation.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Mark, how were you able to post the picture? How many GB was it? Mine are apparently too big to u/l.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
e297e0a8785439323bb3413a4f601170.jpg

Which option are you using to upload? I use the little landscape button, not the paper clip and size doesn't matter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
e297e0a8785439323bb3413a4f601170.jpg

Which option are you using to upload? I use the little landscape button, not the paper clip and size doesn't matter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I have said size doesn't matter most of my life to no avail.

I've been using the paper clip.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Got mine earlier tonight from T-Mobile. Took advantage of their Black Friday deal. Traded in an old Galaxy S5 and the V20 only cost me $200.

Finally done setting it up and so far so good! I know most prefer warmer tones and more vibrant colors from amoled screens but I'm really loving the ips-lcd panel on this one! Put it side by side with my Nexus 6P and it looks better imo.

Seems like battery life is on par with my 6P aswell. I have a 128GB Pixel XL on the way which I'll be returning.

Sent from my LG V20