LG V20 Owner

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just upgraded from the Note 4 to the LG V20 last night. Lots to learn about this new device.

So far I'm disappointed that my older Note 4 USB cables will not work with the phone.

Cannot figure out how to do screenshots yet.

Haven't taken any pictures yet but I understand this phone takes excellent pictures.

Comments from V20 owners?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Just upgraded from the Note 4 to the LG V20 last night. Lots to learn about this new device.

So far I'm disappointed that my older Note 4 USB cables will not work with the phone.

Haven't taken any pictures yet but I understand this phone takes excellent pictures.

Congrats ! I'm interested on your thoughts !!

Try power and volume down for screenshot

iPhone Seven Plus

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Hey Scott long time no see! I'm still running my Note 7 and if it becomes unusable the only appealing device out there is the V20

Samsung Note 7.5

ngt

Reaction score
thought I was getting it today, they told me it was delayed. maybe the note 7 caused a shortage for Verizon.i don't know. so, I'm envious.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hey BK! Right after I posted this, I did a quick Google search and found the answer too. Very easy and I like the phone a lot. I bought a couple of adapters for my existing USB cables and I got a pack of 5 (6 ft. long each) of the Type C cables for $9.99 with free shipping. So, all is well. It also takes great pictures with low light and flash. I only took a couple of pictures inside, nothing outside yet, and it also takes very excellent quality videos.

So far, very happy with the phone! Next search....can I root this baby!

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats ! I'm interested on your thoughts !!

Try power and volume down for screenshot

iPhone Seven Plus
Hey bro...I was going to message you tonight and let you know about my purchase. I think you'd like this V20 for sure. I was going to get the Note 7 before all the problems happened. My wife has had an LG phone for the past couple of years and she loves hers. I like the fact it's got 64 GB in the phone and has capability to run a 128 GB card (my 64 GB) works great, and the fact it has a removable battery. I'm not sure if I like Nougat yet though.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Scott long time no see! I'm still running my Note 7 and if it becomes unusable the only appealing device out there is the V20

Samsung Note 7.5
If there are other Verizon stores in your area, call them, especially if it's a corporate store. Last night I called my local premium retailer and they had none yet and didn't know when they'd get them, called a corporate store and they said they wouldn't be selling them until Friday, and the 3rd store I called was also a corporate store and he said "come on down", so I did and got it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey bro...I was going to message you tonight and let you know about my purchase. I think you'd like this V20 for sure. I was going to get the Note 7 before all the problems happened. My wife has had an LG phone for the past couple of years and she loves hers. I like the fact it's got 64 GB in the phone and has capability to run a 128 GB card (my 64 GB) works great, and the fact it has a removable battery. I'm not sure if I like Nougat yet though.

That's awesome ..this phone is definitely a winner from what I'm seeing all around ...happy to see you here and that you picked a good phone ...let's see about root! Hopefully something soon

Hope all else is well with you !

iPhone Seven Plus

Luke611

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 10+
Would I like it more than my Galaxy S7?

Sent from someone else's Galaxy S7.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never had the S7 so I can't answer that .
Do you like it more than your Note4? Faster? Better camera? Easier ui? You gonna fill the rest of us in on how to take a screenshot or you gonna make a brother on the forum do a Google search?
I got a new battery for my Note4 a couple months back so I'm gonna hang on to it for a while, probably longer if the Note8 has a sealed battery, but I really liked my G2 and had it not been for switching carriers I'd still be using it. If the lcd vs amoled gets on your nerves, an app called ScreenDim (1 word) lets you control brightness of pixels and/or lcd backlight itself, thus you can lose that iPhone white wash look from the backlight while still having a bright and colorful screen plus it helps with battery life on top of making the screen more amoled like.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you like it more than your Note4? Faster? Better camera? Easier ui? You gonna fill the rest of us in on how to take a screenshot or you gonna make a brother on the forum do a Google search?
I got a new battery for my Note4 a couple months back so I'm gonna hang on to it for a while, probably longer if the Note8 has a sealed battery, but I really liked my G2 and had it not been for switching carriers I'd still be using it. If the lcd vs amoled gets on your nerves, an app called ScreenDim (1 word) lets you control brightness of pixels and/or lcd backlight itself, thus you can lose that iPhone white wash look from the backlight while still having a bright and colorful screen plus it helps with battery life on top of making the screen more amoled like.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Hey Mark! Ok, to get the screenshot: Volume Down/Thumb button on back simultaneously gives you the screenshot.

It is a very nice replacement to the Note 4. It's got a very fast and responsive UI, it has a few things I had to get used to, like double tap to wake it up, and at this point there is nothing about it that I do not care for. I know it's the "honeymoon" phase, but truly I like everything about it. Since you and I are FB friends Mark, check out the pictures of the Spartan I worked at today, the pictures and videos were all taken with my V20.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Mark! Ok, to get the screenshot: Volume Down/Thumb button on back simultaneously gives you the screenshot.

It is a very nice replacement to the Note 4. It's got a very fast and responsive UI, it has a few things I had to get used to, like double tap to wake it up, and at this point there is nothing about it that I do not care for. I know it's the "honeymoon" phase, but truly I like everything about it. Since you and I are FB friends Mark, check out the pictures of the Spartan I worked at today, the pictures and videos were all taken with my V20.
Thanks for getting back and it's great to see you posting again.
I love my s-pen, did so on my Note2 as well, but the G2 had so many features and worked so well I really didn't miss it until getting the Note4.
I STILL miss the buttons on the back of the G2.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back and it's great to see you posting again.
I love my s-pen, did so on my Note2 as well, but the G2 had so many features and worked so well I really didn't miss it until getting the Note4.
I STILL miss the buttons on the back of the G2.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I didn't use my S Pen too much and I really don't miss it at all.

Reactions: ngt

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those photos you mentioned, was one of them an Amish buggy/horse setup? If so was that full auto on the camera or a special setting? Reason I ask is it did a great job of freezing the horse and wagon wheels with no blur at all, even when I zoomed it out. It looked like a statue.They all look really nice.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><