Advanced Task Killer

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Other things are to turn off any of the GPS location stuff unless your really needing/using it: for instance I use Beautiful Widgets home and have my location fixed and the auto locate turned off. (If I travel I use a different app that's easy to refresh by changing the zip code.)

All my calendar widgets and stuff are set to manual refresh and/or long auto refresh intervals ... makes a difference.

I'm not rooted, but my bat will last all day with (my) normal use and only be down to say 80% by time the time I'm back home again ... if I use flash a lot it really sucks the bat, but even then I've never had my battery go below about 60% before I could get it back on a charger, even when traveling ....

2 cents

dolfanpete

Reaction score
UPDATED:

after a full night charge from 5:30 a.m. untill 7:30 p.m. (now) after setting brightness to auto 60%, and shutting off auto synch, i just now hit 60 % batter life, that is with moderate phone use/texting/ internet usage, and google maps (i'm a driver)....very happy with that 14 hours! and could have gone more...i'm gonna try setting kernel back to 1000Mhz max and 125 min, and going to try on demand for a few days, then on conservative..to see if i can save even more battery life..Awesome!!

Bilgediver

Reaction score
For an even better kick, try out the Official Droid 2 Extended Battery, the BP7X from Motorola.

I had to shave off some plastic on the original Droid Car dock because the cover makes it stick out a bit (to prevent extra pressure on the microphone), but otherwise its awesome!

Check out my sig for the pics. If a Verizon rep gives you a hard time tell him YES IT WILL FIT, YES THE BATTERY DOOR WILL FIT.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Yeah I have that battery too. Got it last week.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App