Advanced Task Killer

mharmon

Reaction score
Up until yesterday, when using ATK I'd click on the icon on my home screen and a box would pop up that said "x number of apps killed, x number of MB free". Now when I click on the icon, it opens the app and I have to click on the button from within the app.

I've tried all the different options in the Short Press menu and nothing seems to fix it. I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing with no luck...anyone else having this issue?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have so many task killing threads and really the same answers apply to every Droid. Thanks christim for providing the link, please discuss that over in that forum.

DavidH

Reaction score
I've heard pros and cons about the necessity of the Task Killer. What are your thoughts? Do I need it or not and is it doing more damage than good?

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I downloaded this app with the hopes of it being able to prolong my battery life,( on rooted D1).But every time i select the apps to kill, i click on the atk to see if they are indeed killed but then there are a bunch back on there. So i kill again, and check again and there they are, maybe not all of them but some of them, and in some cases different ones. i also check after i kill apps on the settings and running apps, and there are listed apps there running when i know i killed them in ATK....does this app no even work? is there an app that i should use that WILL work? please shed some light on this for me thank you!

Also, if i do find a really good app killer, is it necessary to get an app for batter saver? arent they both the same thing anyways? i have been looking at those as well just dont know what to do here. thanks..

1. app killer----which one should i get
2. batter saver app....should i get one and run it with an app killler? or instead of an app killer
3. thanks!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Task killers are a no no. You don't need one. Android os covers it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

longrifle325

Reaction score
Task killers are not needed on android os. Do yourself a favor and uninstall it and dont worry about it. If you google task killers for android you will see what i mean.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Hey there.

Well app killers use up your battery because android itself reloads apps into memory. Once it gets into the memory it actually doesn't use up any cpu cycles unless you open the app.

You can keep it, just at least turn off auto-killing. Also stop ocd-killing apps manually. It took me a little bit to stop myself, too.

I would recommend an app like startup auditor that let's you choose what apps you want android to autostart or start when it boots up, so only apps you use constantly get preloaded into memory.

Droidforums.net appified!

dolfanpete

Reaction score
i have uninstalled the ATK. dont feel bad about it either. now the start up audior got bad reviews, most of the comments are about how it doesnt kill any task..have you had that experience?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It will close them but the OS launches them again. That alone is all the proof of the two working against each other that one would need! :)

i have uninstalled the ATK. dont feel bad about it either. now the start up audior got bad reviews, most of the comments are about how it doesnt kill any task..have you had that experience?

DroidForums junkie!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

You don't need to kill any tasks.... Let the OS do it's job and enjoy the device.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
so if i leave them alone, it doesn't mean they are running? i only want to know because i am trying to prolong the battery life through out the day. should i get a batter saver app? or will that be virtually as in effective as a task killer app>?>