Advanced Task Killer

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Startup auditor doesn't appear to close tasks for me, it prevents them from running in the first place....

And no, they are preloaded in the memory, but they aren't always running.
Android has two different kins of "running" apps. Active and Background. The only way an app is Active, is if you open it and are currently using it, or you open it and press Home to get out of the App. If you press back, it "closes" but maintains it loaded into the RAM without actually using any CPU processes.

Droidforums.net appified!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haha, wrong place to ask about a task killer, all of us frown upon it.

Android doesn't need a task killer, it doesn't use memory for programs no longer in use. Your phone is meant to work without a task killer.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The less you worry about it the better. The os does a great job if managing itself. Yes you could get a batt saver app like juice defender.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

billyidle

Reaction score
From your home screen, hit the Menu key, select Settings, then scroll down and select About Phone, then select Battery Use. What are the highest %'s listed? Display will most likely be first, turn down brightness level or use auto brightness. Also, using wifi if you can will use less battery than 3g.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
thanks guys, i really appreciate the help......!! now what about a battery app saver? worthless? or is there a section in the forums that has a "guide" for how to set up the phone settings to save battery life?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Not entirely, battery savers such as "Juice Defender" automate tasks that you could technically do yourself, but they do help out.

Droidforums.net appified!

billyidle

Reaction score
Dolfan, do the Battery Use tip I gave you, if we know what is eating your battery we could offer more detailed help.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just say no to task killers! Lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dolfanpete

Reaction score
sorry so late on your advice billy, i am at the screen now and have brightness up to 97 percent, wifi at 3% and cell standby at 2%........

by changing this to automatic and turning down brightness, will that save some battery life ??

billyidle

Reaction score
Will save you a ton of battery with Auto Brightness. In a dark room, it will lower the brightness, when ambient light is low, it will look bright. And in bright ambient light, it will turn your brightness up to compensate.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turn wifi and auto sync off if you are not using it. I have my screen at 60 brightness.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
ok, i now have brightness at about 60%, and set to auto. also turned off auto synch. i am rooted and have an extended battery (bp7x). i will monitor and see if i can get 10 hrs plus after a full charge...i was lasting about 7.5 hrs previously. ..thanks for all your help droiders!

billyidle

Reaction score
These big beautiful screens use a lot of battery power, the more you have your screen on the more battery you will use. There just isn't much you can do to change that. Other than not using your phone, which isn't an option for me :)

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Same here. It's now like an extension to my arm