Advanced Calling Feature

inssane

Reaction score
I get staticy fuzzy voice through the earpiece. Bad enough the volume isn't up to par because of the speaker location.

Anyone experiencing fuzzines with AC? When it's off, no static sound, but no data + voice.

Thoughts?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'd call vzw and let em know. That static that you hear could be background noise that I also hear with HD calling..

supermandrew

Reaction score
I get staticy fuzzy voice through the earpiece. Bad enough the volume isn't up to par because of the speaker location.

Anyone experiencing fuzzines with AC? When it's off, no static sound, but no data + voice.

Thoughts?
Yes. I indeed get static with Advanced Calling enabled. Turn it off, and it goes away.

Advanced calling is still in its infant stages with VZW, so I am sure there will be various software revisions in the coming months to clean it up. Don't switch out your phone. I am confident it is more software than hardware related.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also.. As far as speaker location.. Try moving your ear to the outer edge of the phone.. Either side.. Because the turbo has speakers at the corners of the device.. Odd at first..

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Be glad you only get static. My wife couldn't receive incoming calls on her LG g2 with advanced calling enabled and none of 20+ Verizon employees from store employees to level 3 network engineers that we talked to could figure out the problem. Took me a month+3 phones+3 sim cards to pin point that it was because of advanced calling. Soon as I turned it off, it was business as usual.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had the issue where I couldn't receive calls.. I had to go into my verizon and remove the feature.. Then re add it.. Then i could make and receive calls...