speaker sounds horrible

upjeeper

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the speaker on your Thunderbolt sounding very bad? I can hear people but definitely don't want to continue on with a phone that sounds so statically.

I had hoped it was something with BAMF so i uninstalled that and went back to stock/unrooted, it's currently installing the second OTA update but i took a call before that update started and it still sounded bad. so it tells me it's the hardware, not the software.

anyone seen this before?

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Yeah, my speaker on my incredible sounds terrible, pretty sure the speaker blew. Both HTC so that's pry what happened to yours. VZW is sending me a refurb for free, so you might wanna look into that

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
U

upjeeper

Reaction score
thanks
i just got this phone off craigslist, so i'm not the original owner
did you go through vzw for a replacement or did you go through HTC?

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I went through VZW but since your not the original owner ya couldn't do that. Ya may wanna look into having the speaker replaced by a cell phone repair place maybe?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
You could contact HTC and see how much it would cost if you sent it to them, or like said above carry it to a repair shop. You might also look and see what is involved, if you don't have to take it completely apart you may could do it yourself.

Mine is the same way, dropped it one day and then it has sounded like that since, haven't decided if I want to unroot it to get it replaced or not. I never talk on the phone. Lol.

Sent from my Transformer Prime That Is Taking Over the world.