Adding a line to get the Droid X?

jl8851

Reaction score
I tried searching on verizons site, but their search thing is TERRIBLE, so I thought I'd ask here.

Is it possible to add a line to my account and get the Droid X for the $199 price? How much extra does it cost per month for the extra line if I don't change the plan or anything?

xliderider

Reaction score
It is possible to do what you want. Call Verizon to verify, but the additional line is $9.99 plus fees and taxes per month for 2 years. Add to that the $30 per month data plan.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is possible to do what you want. Call Verizon to verify, but the additional line is $9.99 plus fees and taxes per month for 2 years. Add to that the $30 per month data plan.

if you dont keep the droid x on that extra line you can cancel the data plan so its only $240 for the two years

OP
J

jl8851

Reaction score
I do have a dumbphone.

My plan was to get the Droid X for the 199 price with adding a new line, then put the Droid X on my main line, and put the dumbphone on the new line I just got.

That way I can sell my original Droid and have the Droid X on my main line and the dumbphone on my new, 2nd line. I wouldn't mind paying an extra $10/month. Then I will have 2 lines that will be eligible for upgrades in the future.

OP
J

jl8851

Reaction score
Also, is there a way to check ESN numbers online to see if they can be activated?

Another thing...how would I go about selling my original Droid? How would I "deactivate" my droid? I'm used to AT&T where I can just take out the sim card and be done with it.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do have a dumbphone.

My plan was to get the Droid X for the 199 price with adding a new line, then put the Droid X on my main line, and put the dumbphone on the new line I just got.

That way I can sell my original Droid and have the Droid X on my main line and the dumbphone on my new, 2nd line. I wouldn't mind paying an extra $10/month. Then I will have 2 lines that will be eligible for upgrades in the future.

ive done something similar before and it should work

vzw doesnt care what ur gonna do with the phones just as long as ur signing the 2yr

OP
J

jl8851

Reaction score
When I go to add a line, do I click on "new individual plan" or "upgrade to family shareplan"?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I go to add a line, do I click on "new individual plan" or "upgrade to family shareplan"?

probably upgrade bc if its not individual its considered a family plan :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Also, is there a way to check ESN numbers online to see if they can be activated?

Another thing...how would I go about selling my original Droid? How would I "deactivate" my droid? I'm used to AT&T where I can just take out the sim card and be done with it.

You can call and ask VZW if the ESN is good.

You deactivate the device by removing it from your VZW account either over the phone or online with VZW website. Takes maybe 5 mins to do.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I do have a dumbphone.

That is exactly what I am doing.

erikfig

Reaction score
This is exactly what I will do to get the Droid X for me and the iphone fot my wife. It will be $20 extra but i think is worhted. Since i wont be usind the new lines i dont need the dataplan.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
You can do that, but is the $9.99 plus tax/month worth it? Couldn't you just use that money and buy the phone outright up front then you aren't stuck with an additional line. Just a thought. My big question is, yes this phone will be awesome and has had a lot of hype surrounding it, but wouldn't it be worth just waiting and getting one of the 2ghz beasts that aren't to far away?

MrCapcom

Reaction score
lol yea it will work thats how I got my DROID 1. You figure if you really want it the price is either the same or less than buying the phone out right plus its like you on a payment plan for 2 years with the phone you got lol then after 2 years cancel the line. But yes you do have to have a phone on the other line I have the LG Chocolate on the line my DROID suppose to be on lol