Adding a line to get the Droid X?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to add a line to my account and get the Droid X for the $199 price? How much extra does it cost per month for the extra line if I don't change the plan or anything?
Yup. The specific device is irrelevant. No need to create a new thread asking this question every time a device is about to be released...

You can do that, but is the $9.99 plus tax/month worth it?
Do the math.

Worth is always highly subjective. It's to each person to determine for his/her self.

Sayersj629

Reaction score
I actually did this last summer after my treo broke. Basically this is how it came out...At the time I was on the individual 39.99 400 min plan with 29.99 unlim data for a grand total of 75 or 80 bucks per month (about 69 after my dicount). When I added the line the minimum plan you're allowed with two lines is the 69.99 700 min family share plan plus unlim data for one line 29.99 plus 9.99 for the second line and I currently pay about 118 after my discount.

So it costs a little bit more than the advertised 9.99. But if you are a person whos already paying for a 700 min plan you're bill won't increase as much when you add a line.

papy72

Reaction score
It is possible to do what you want. Call Verizon to verify, but the additional line is $9.99 plus fees and taxes per month for 2 years. Add to that the $30 per month data plan.
This is only true if you are already on a family plan. Upgrading from an individual line to a family plan is something like $30 a month more for that second phone (plus the data plan).

Last edited: