Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I know most of you on Verizon's Galaxy S4 is upset that our devices doesn't have a Wifi toggle in quick settings pull down. Not really sure why big red did that... anyhow, thanks to XDA member bmtbandit, you can now add a Wifi toggle! :cool:

All the credit goes to bmtbandit, all I did was post it here and added step by step screenshots to make it a little easier for those who haven't used SQLite Editor before. :D

First, you must be rooted - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...t/243165-how-root-your-verizon-galaxy-s4.html

Then you need to download and install SQLite Editor - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.sqleditor&hl=en

Just a quick reminder: modding your device will void it's warranty and also, DroidForums.net or myself is not responsible if you break your phone while doing this mod. Please proceed at your own risk.

**Like all mods, be sure to make a backup before proceeding just in case something goes wrong.

If you like video tutorials, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this thread and watch step by step video by our own DroidModderX!

1. Open up SQLite Editor - Select the Apps tab on top and scroll down until you see Settings Storage and click it.

wifitogglemod1.png

2. Click on Ssettings.db

wifitogglemod2.png

3. Click on system

wifitogglemod3.png

4. Click on the search icon on top right

wifitogglemod4.png

5. Type in the word notification in the Filter Value field and click ok

wifitogglemod5.png

6. Once the results load up, tap on notification_panel_active_app_list (should be the bottom result) and click on the pencil icon on top to edit

wifitogglemod6.png

7. In the Value field, you'll see all your toggles listed. All you have to do is add the word Wifi <-- just like that with a semi colon right after. Make sure there's no space after the semi colon like in the screenshot below. Once you add Wifi, click the save button.

wifitogglemod7.png

8. Close SQLite editor and reboot your phone. Once your phone boots back up, you should now have the Wifi toggle in quick settings like mine below!

wifitogglemod8.png

[video=youtube;ENhoKWtX_PA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENhoKWtX_PA&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;a[/video]

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Boom goes the dynamite. Good job man!!!

Darksthour

Reaction score
Thanks great way to clean up my notifications. Now I just gotta figure out how to get rid of the annoying ongoing telling me to connect to wifi and we are good.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

lehthanis

Reaction score
Is there a way to do this without having to pay for sqlite editor?

Posted from my Galaxy S4 with Tapatalk.

Tompon

Reaction score
Other Toggles

Do you know if you can add other toggles with the same process? If so, what would you have to add instead of "Wifi;"? Like I would love to add the Mobile HotSpot toggle, for instance.
Thanks
:biggrin:

Last edited:

joeyx2

Reaction score
Do you know if you can add other toggles with the same process? If so, what would you have to add instead of "Wifi;"? Like I would love to add the Mobile HotSpot toggle, for instance.
Thanks
:biggrin:

Wifi;WiFiHotspot;AirGesture;

make sure you make the capital letters capital or it won't work.

Tompon

Reaction score
Thanks man! Is there some sort of documentation somewhere were you can look those up?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Wifi;WiFiHotspot;AirGesture;

make sure you make the capital letters capital or it won't work.

Yep, added hotspot to mine:

jOQweY0.jpg

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

tsiehta

Reaction score
After selecting system I get an error stating "Ran ouf of memory while loading data." I have tried to filter and have rebooted phone, but nothing brings up list to actually filter for the notification. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
After selecting system I get an error stating "Ran ouf of memory while loading data." I have tried to filter and have rebooted phone, but nothing brings up list to actually filter for the notification. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

There's a couple of people having the same issue over at GalaxyS4Forums.net. Not sure exactly why this is happening...

Hopefully we'll get a solution soon.

⇒ Tapatalked from my Galaxy S4 ⇐

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter