Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
This mod will remove the annoying ongoing wifi notifications in the pulldown for wifi off, wifi connected to, and wireless network available that is always in the pulldown. This mod works on both odex and deodexed ROMS, but please make backup first in case.

There's also a .zip to remove both the Wifi notification and the dim eye icon that always stays on when smart stay is enabled.

Just flash .zip in recovery and reboot. Tested using TWRP recovery.

First, you must be rooted - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...t/243165-how-root-your-verizon-galaxy-s4.html

Just a quick reminder: modding your device will void it's warranty and also, DroidForums.net or myself is not responsible if you break your phone while doing this mod. Please proceed at your own risk.

Downloads:

Wifi Notification Removal zip

Wifi Notification and dim eye icon removal zip

wifitogglemod8.png

Step by step video tutorial by DroidModderX!

[video=youtube;DT0QvmeHt0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT0QvmeHt0U[/video]

Also, be sure to check out this thread if you want to add the Wifi Toggle on your Verizon Galaxy S4 - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...8-add-wifi-toggle-your-verizon-galaxy-s4.html

Credit to rwc95 of XDA for these mods!

Tompon

Reaction score
This mod will remove the annoying ongoing wifi notifications in the pulldown for wifi off, wifi connected to, and wireless network available that is always in the pulldown. This mod works on both odex and deodexed ROMS, but please make backup first in case.

Just flash .zip in recovery and reboot. Tested using TWRP recovery.

As a noob (my first time rooting a phone was today), the part about flashing the .zip in recovery confuses me. Is there any way you could show a slightly more detailed process of how to execute this hack?
Thanks!

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
As a noob (my first time rooting a phone was today), the part about flashing the .zip in recovery confuses me. Is there any way you could show a slightly more detailed process of how to execute this hack?
Thanks!

Hi Tompon, I added a video guide to the OP. Might make things easier for ya. :)

dustyjerran

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for this that wifi notification was really bugging me but not no more

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

DroidX_46

Reaction score
Is this for all Galaxy S4's? b/c I have a SPRINT GALAXY S4 or is it just for the VERIZON GS4. Thank you for any help.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Is this for all Galaxy S4's? b/c I have a SPRINT GALAXY S4 or is it just for the VERIZON GS4. Thank you for any help.

This particular mod is for the Verizon version. It might work on the Sprint version but you might want to visit the XDA link in the OP first to find out for sure.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Another good mod. I can't seem to find it anymore but was there a thread on how to get rid of the gap since now my gps icon is gone? Forgot if I read it here or over at xda

Cause now I got a gap between the airview/smart gesture icon and my 4g icon.

edit: Nevermind it was over at XDA where I found the mods

Sent from my Galaxy s4 via Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

jkayner

Reaction score
Anyway to do this mod withough flashing a zip? i got the phone with ME7 therefore have no custom recovery. I am rooted though.

E

epiclectic

How about stating that this is for verizon only in the title? I just soft bricked my phone thanks to this &#&$*$ zip.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
How about stating that this is for verizon only in the title? I just soft bricked my phone thanks to this &#&$*$ zip.
This post is over a year old. It states it is for VZ.
"This particular mod is for the Verizon version. It might work on the Sprint version but you might want to visit the XDA link in the OP first to find out for sure."

Perhaps you should have read the complete thread prior to flashing the zip