[HACKS] Add Wifi Toggle on your Verizon Galaxy S4

loudaccord

Reaction score
Is there a way to do this without having to pay for sqlite editor?

Posted from my Galaxy S4 with Tapatalk.

I have the same question... I feel kinda silly paying for an app that I'll use once to enable a toggle. Thanks!!

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Anyone who's having the issue with SQLite editor try emailing the app dev? Maybe he can provide a fix...

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Oh btw, when you add the Wifi toggle using SQLite Editor and start the hotpost using the toggle, it bypasses the Verizon check so you won't need to flash any other tether hacks...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Strange... are you clicking on Save button?

Yep when I go back into SQL Lite it is showing what is on that screenshot with the Wifi; added. Not sure man.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
To those who are getting memory errors using SQLite Editor, I think we may have a workaround/solution!

Here's a post by a member over at GalaxyS4Forums.net:

OK so I figured out how to get this to work if you are getting the out of memory while loading data error message like I am getting. After the error is displayed only one line shows: 1 volume_music 7. Click on the search button at the top of the screen and type in: notification_panel_active_app_list and click OK. You will get the error message again but this time the only item displayed will be the one you need to edit. Highlight the item and click the pencil icon at the top of the page then edit the value field as instructed at the beginning of this thread. Save, Exit, Reboot Phone, Presto Chango Your Phone now has the Changes!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I is smart, I was choosing the wrong row. I was doing the "notification_panel_default_active_app_list" not the "notification_panel_active_app_list".

It is working now and I added the Wifi Hotspot, awesome that is bypasses the check. Thanks.

zero7404

Reaction score
works great thanks to the op for this ! ... now, can i also add reboot or restart ?

sent from android

Graniteman

Reaction score
Works awesome

Thank you, thank you. I've been trying to get the hot spot working for three days.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
works great thanks to the op for this ! ... now, can i also add reboot or restart ?

sent from android
You can try this 4 way reboot mod - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...48-mod-4-1-reboot-menu-verizon-galaxy-s4.html

Any way to add a Torch toggle with this?

I don't think there's a way to add Torch to the toggle list... I haven't come across one yet..

Thank you, thank you. I've been trying to get the hot spot working for three days.

You're welcome!

zero7404

Reaction score
perfect ... thanks again wicked

sent from android

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Added wifi toggle, pretty weak how they didn't include it and that's not just because I'm used to ROMs on my old Nexus. Stock TouchWiz with root and a little modding is nice so far. Thanks for posting up the tutorial Wicked