add email to contact through gmail app?

inpencil

Reaction score
Is there a way to add an email to a contact, or even create new contact through gmail app? So basically, let's say I receive an email from someone who's number is already in my contacts, how do I add the email to that contact through gmail? (Short of memorizing the persons email, opening up my contacts and manually inputting)

Or a lesser solution would be to copy and paste the email, but I can't even copy the email address unless I hit reply first.

If there isn't a way there should be. Just sayin.

realtygal

Reaction score
Adding new contact from email

Is there a way to add an email to a contact, or even create new contact through gmail app? So basically, let's say I receive an email from someone who's number is already in my contacts, how do I add the email to that contact through gmail? (Short of memorizing the persons email, opening up my contacts and manually inputting)

Or a lesser solution would be to copy and paste the email, but I can't even copy the email address unless I hit reply first.

If there isn't a way there should be. Just sayin.

Did you ever get a reply to this issue, or have you found the solution? I want to know if it's possible to add a NEW contact directly from an email received from someone not already in my contacts. I've opened every menu and don't see an option for this. Looks like they expect us to write down the email sender's contact info then go to contacts to add it.....yikes!
Thanks in advance, Sharon

OP
I

inpencil

Reaction score
pen and paper to use gmail LOL

No never received a response, and this is the silliest thing on earth. I can't believe they didn't think of this themselves. I have people emailing me all the time that aren't in my contacts, and sometimes I get off the phone with someone and they email me their contact information.

In order to use it I have to bring a pen and paper with me, write down all their info (phone number, name, email address), and then open up contacts and manually plug it all in.

LAME GOOGLE!

realtygal

Reaction score
add new contact from email

that's a serious overzight in Droid's software!

dankfish

Reaction score
another related question

Sometimes for business, I have my secretary email the contact info (name, number, address, email) (this info is located in the body of the email and formatted in the traditional way)of a client that I am to meet with. Is there any quick way to create a new contact with that info? I am always writing it down and entering it manually. Can I copy and paste it or is there an app?

manan123

Reaction score