adb for dummies file??

jimmydene84

Reaction score
i cannot find this anywhere!!?! all the links i have found have been dead....does anyone have this file??

djj624

Reaction score
Subscribed. I want to learn about it as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dark juggalo

Reaction score
I have it but I couldnt attatch for some reason..pm me w/your email address and I'll try to see if it can be sent that way.

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Pm sent

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Got it all setup and working.....thanks for the file man :)

Nick177th

Reaction score
Why is this a ".exe" file? I was thinking that it was a written tutorial or something. Is it a program?

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
It's basically a file with everything in it, that sets adb up for u. That way u don't have to go download 3 diff things, then go 5 diff places in if comp to set everything up.

*slight exaggeration on files and steps, but u get the idea*

Nick177th

Reaction score
It's basically a file with everything in it, that sets adb up for u. That way u don't have to go download 3 diff things, then go 5 diff places in if comp to set everything up.

*slight exaggeration on files and steps, but u get the idea*

Oh, I see. I'm already set up. Took me a while but, I can connect to the device through adb. I "one click rooted" my OG Droid and am trying to learn how to root the long way for when the Droid 3 drops. I had all drivers d'l'd and updated, all files (android sdk) d/l'd. I just couldn't get the PC to recognize the device when you type in "adb devices". Followed some simple instructions I found on xda this morning and I finally was able to see the serial number to my device after typing in "adb devices". One small step for man, one giant leap for a noob. LOL! Thanks for responding JD84.

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
no prob! i tried setting it up a long time ago with no success so i gave up. saw this file and had it set up in a matter of 3 minutes.....it was very usefull for me :)

Nick177th

Reaction score
JD84, is there any sort of a tutorial with this "guide"? Or, does it just set up adb? The instructuions I used from zda said to:

1. Navigate to the platform tools folder in Android Sdk folder on your hard drive

2. Press and hold the shift key ( do not click on anything )

3. Now left click and select "Open command prompt here"

4. Adb Remount ..should see the message "Remount Suceeded"

5. Now you can run your adb commands

after I do that, I can type in adb devices and see my phone's serial number. But, I think I'm in the wrong folder. If you noticed, it puts me in "platform tools" folder and not "tools". Most of the video tutorials on youtube are ancient. I'm trying to find some really simple commands to try to see if I'm doing this right.

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
No guide with it....I even read a guide when I first tried and no go. Check in the TB forum. I think pc747 has one....if not XDA will become if best friend.....tons of em there.

mitchtank

Reaction score
Could anyone help me out. Trying to understand abd and sdk to root thunderbolt this friday. Believe I understand sdk, eclipse, jre, and jdk. It all seems to be straight forward. Most command prompts start with abd and just would like a better understanding of all of this. Thanks in advance.

Sent From Liberated Droid 2

androidsamurai

Reaction score
I'm back!

What's up Guys and Gals?

Yup, I'm back and have all the files you want. My ADB for Dummies guide was originally created by me in 2009 back when the G1 had just been released.

So I'm just here to post all the info for you and let you know that my guide is now in .pdf format..

uosd4.png

ADB for Dummies Guide

ADB for Dummies AIO(All In One) App'

If you use my guide and/or app, please THANK me...

File Hosting is brought to you by:​
mediafire.jpg