Actually saw home screen in landscape!

kevinkar

Reaction score
Not sure how significant this is but I was just toying with my Droid X the other night and somehow got the display all out of whack switching between screens, and apps and possibly touching some of the hard buttons at the same time because, for a moment going between one state to another, I saw the home screen in landscape mode where it stuck for about half a second or maybe a bit longer but then it blipped back to portrait mode and that was that.

It was the main home screen with the icons normally positioned there. The wallpaper picture was rotated and the status bar was along the top.

Of course I can't recreate it but it did happen if only for a second. Why this is not a standard feature for the phone is beyond me.

Oh well, just reporting what I saw.

concept3601

Reaction score
this happened to me too.. for a sec...im not sure either.. kinda silly

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Not sure how significant this is but I was just toying with my Droid X the other night and somehow got the display all out of whack switching between screens, and apps and possibly touching some of the hard buttons at the same time because, for a moment going between one state to another, I saw the home screen in landscape mode where it stuck for about half a second or maybe a bit longer but then it blipped back to portrait mode and that was that.

It was the main home screen with the icons normally positioned there. The wallpaper picture was rotated and the status bar was along the top.

Of course I can't recreate it but it did happen if only for a second. Why this is not a standard feature for the phone is beyond me.

Oh well, just reporting what I saw.
this is just the delay that exists from exiting an app that runs in landscape mode andgoin back to the homescreen.

Sent from my DROID2

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Running rubiX Focused 1.8.6 my phone is actually able to do this on command.. very surprising

epiphone74

Reaction score
Im running launcher pro.... does it everytime...on any screen...

Droid X vanilla 2.2 w launcher pro..

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The stock launchers don't allow it. Could be a preventative against redraws. Who knows.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

V1V1D

Reaction score
I'm running non root with Launcher Pro and no landscape mode here.

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
There is landscape in launcher pro, which I turned off because I found it to be more of a pain than useful.

One question, is there a rooted version of launcher pro that allows you to use the widgets what come with it without paying?

Reaction score
Dude just pay the $3 or whatever it is. If you like and use the program all the time then the guy who put all the time/effort into it probably deserves it...

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
Dude just pay the $3 or whatever it is. If you like and use the program all the time then the guy who put all the time/effort into it probably deserves it...

True that. I was just wondering about it. I actually just bought the paid version and the widgets are great. :)

Swyped on my DROIDX using DroidForums App

avt123

Reaction score
The stock launchers don't allow it. Could be a preventative against redraws. Who knows.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Anroid kills all widgets when putting the homescreen in landscape. I use to think my youtube widget was broken but it would always stop working after switching to landscape and then I read about that little detail.