Activation and rooting questions

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I am giving my niece a Droid 1. I only have one line and I activated the phone long enough to root the phone, download my apps, and install a custom rom. I since turned the phone off and re activated my Droid 2G on my line I have been setting up her phone, the Droid 1 via my wifi. Now when I give her the phone and activate it on her account will we lose all the apps, custom rom, etc. that I installed?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am giving my niece a Droid 1. I only have one line and I activated the phone long enough to root the phone, download my apps, and install a custom rom. I since turned the phone off and re activated my Droid 2G on my line I have been setting up her phone, the Droid 1 via my wifi. Now when I give her the phone and activate it on her account will we lose all the apps, custom rom, etc. that I installed?

I wouldn't think so. The only thing that has me not 100% is the Gmail account. Good question. Maybe someone will chime in that has done it before. My money is on a "No, it will all still be there" answer though.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Apps would be about the only thing you'll lose as they are tied to the gmail account.

Sent from somewhere...