Rooted 2.2 Won't activate/program

pdub

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I've been searching everywhere for help with this issue and haven't found anything exactly like my problem. I updated to rooted Froyo about a month ago, because.. well, why not.

So I finally got the message that an update was available for my phone on Friday (2.2). Tried to run the update, sprecovery blocked it. So I decided maybe its a good idea to unroot and do a factory reset, then reupdate my phone to 2.2, since it was starting to boot very slowly and even some of the apps would just crash for no reason. So did a backup, then did a factory reset, went to activate my phone by going through the mini setup wizard, "ACTIVATION SUCCESSFUL", sweet.. wait 15 minutes... nothing, no Activation what so ever, no 3g, no internet, nothing. Well crap, so I downloaded the 2.2 and tried to reflash, E:Error 7, or something of that nature. So now im in big trouble, I then did a restore to my saved 2.2, which worked, and brought me back to 2.2 rooted, but I still can't register, ran the *228, it says registration successful, but doesn't program/register after the 15 minute grace period, tried doing the manual user activation via ##7762726, and it tells me "feature update could not be completed." Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Rsswga

Reaction score
I tried to install the update just to be doing something, I'm rooted and plan to stay that way but after I click on update it goes to the triangle and little Droid man..I hit the power key and the recovery screen shows up and tells me activation was unsuccessful or something like that..I just hit the reboot and my phone brings me to the rom I was just on...
o well

[ L ]

Reaction score
Flash Cyanogen Mod, it will make your phone run much smoother, and you should get your 3G back. If not,then use RSD to flash it to FRG22 or ESE81 and do whatever you want (note: your phone will become completely stock with no Root.) If you want an upgrade then go to a Verizon store and they will replace it, none of the reps there will know what Rooting even is so you get a brand new X/2/Incredible.

Sent from my REVOlutionized LithiumDroid

OP
P

pdub

Reaction score
Do you have any links for the Droid Cyanogen mod, or maybe a install forum, and the link for FRG22? I'm some what of a noob when it comes to flashing. WWW.cyanogen.com shows several different "mod" versions and am unsure of which to use, and when searching FRG22, only articles I find are rooted. I actually did go into Verizon on friday, and they are sending me another Droid 1 -_- they said they have a small stock of Droid 1's left which they are replacing with (bummer).

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You still have SPR so it won't update OTA. Factory Reset will not remove root or remove SPR.

You need to follow link #3 in my sig.

Do option 1, then option 4, reboot, then you will be stock 2.0.1, no root, no SPR, then just wait to receive the 2.2 OTA

Follow the steps exactly.

OP
P

pdub

Reaction score
So ive done both of what you recommended, even used the rsdlite 2.0.1 sbf, and 2.2 release, but neither will activate. It definitly flashes, and upgrades the phone but it still won't activate by using the *228. I'm beginning to think this is a problem with my account more then it is with the phone itself. It's odd, after i call the *228, it says "your phone has been programmed successfully", but i don't get 3g, or internet, after the recommended 15 minutes. I am currently on the FRG22-Release.zip, and am starting to think this has nothing to do with the phone itself anymore. If you have anymore suggestions I would be more then happy to try, but at this point I guess I will just have to call Verizon.

OP
P

pdub

Reaction score
Verizon has said that this problem is a glitch in the operating system and they are replacing them under warranty free of charge. I suppose I will just wait for a new one, bummer though. Thought I could get it working again. Anyway, thanks all for the help, I guess this problem goes unresolved.