How to clear/change master gmail account?

-iD

Reaction score
Need to reset a rooted d1 for a new user w/o reflashing rom. This is an old spare that was in a drawer; is already configured just the way it needs to be; but its already married to my Gmail. Phone not activated atm; Need to make it work for wifeypoo and activate it on her line as soon as I get home; no time to fiddle. Searching while driving is hazardous; talking and correcting this was tricky enough lol.

Tia!

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Proper way is factory data reset or a data reset through recovery.

It won't stay "set up" however.

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

OP
I

-iD

Reaction score
if you call verizon and ask them how to change the master account they'll tell you the same thing.

but...if anybody want to know the real answer, it's /data/system/accounts.db

delete that file, reboot, and sign into a new google master account, leaving your phone "set up" just the way it was.

jetman

Reaction score
if you call verizon and ask them how to change the master account they'll tell you the same thing.

but...if anybody want to know the real answer, it's /data/system/accounts.db

delete that file, reboot, and sign into a new google master account, leaving your phone "set up" just the way it was.

That is EXACTLY what I want to do to my older rooted D1. I want to leave it rooted as it runs great to either sell or give to a friend, but want to get my gmail account removed from it.

I tried both the File Manager on the phone, and then tried it with a USB cord and my laptop trying to find the /data/system/accountsdb file and I can't find it at all????

What am I missing?? How do I find and delete this file? Is it a hidden system file?? I still have Wi-Fi so is there and App I can download to help me find/delete this accounts.db file???