Upgrading one phone for another account

topaz330

Reaction score
My fiance phone is due and loves my Droid. Since I'm not eligible for an upgrade I was contiplating using her upgrade to get the incredible and give her my Droid. Anyone know how that would work activation wise when the phone comes in the mail? Does she need to activate the phone first or do I just activate it under my line and let her activate the Droid after.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call VZW and explain to them what you want to do. They'll take care of it easy enough for you.​

OP
T

topaz330

Reaction score
You don't think they will have a problem that he phone is for another account?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know they wont. Plenty of people, including myself, have done this.

OP
T

topaz330

Reaction score
thanks! Also would it be any different if I just activated the phone online when I get it? I figured it would be faster and easier as I wont have to have conference my fiance in for authorization if I call cs

littlerick

Reaction score
all i had to do was activate the droid under my wifes number, then reactivate her old phone then activate the droid under my number. only took a few minutes

OP
T

topaz330

Reaction score
all i had to do was activate the droid under my wifes number, then reactivate her old phone then activate the droid under my number. only took a few minutes

would you even need to go through that? what would happen if i just activated on my line and left everything else alone? how would vz know to extend contract for 1 year?

Last edited:

littlerick

Reaction score
i tried to just activate it on my line but since it was her upgrade they said it had to be activated on her line first then swapped over.