A stylus Motorola Droid?

ActionHank

Reaction score
First off, I'm a sucker for pin point precision.

I understand that this phone is designed for use with the fingers only, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a stylus that actually works with the Droid. I've tried 3 different kinds that were available to me and I received no response at all. However, as I don't recommend it, I have managed to figure out that a slightly, and I do mean SLIGHTLY damp paper towel does actually create enough of a connection to generate a response. A thin layer of paper towel that's been rubber banded to the eraser of a pencil is my prototype at the moment.

This is not practical, and of course we all know that water and cellphones are mortal enemies. But I would love to know if anyone has come across a stylus that can be used with the Droid.

OP
A

ActionHank

Reaction score
Why thank you sir. These do look promising! =)

kingsman

Reaction score
Have you tried TenOne's POGO Sketch stylus. Has a magnet in the tip. Wanting to know if they work.

OP
A

ActionHank

Reaction score
I have to be honest. The stylus that I tried were not exactly conventional. Just ones that happen to be laying around.

1. My girlfriend's phone had one, I didn't note what it was at the time.

2. The stylus to a Nintendo DS

3. The pen to a Wacom Intuos 4

Any suggestion would have been a good one.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
DS/Wacom/etc stylii won't work because those touchscreens rely on pressure on the screen while the Droid/iPhone/Storm have capacitative glass touchscreens. That's why you need a special "iphone stylus"

kingsman

Reaction score
Digg, your reply indicates that you have not worked with FITALY. It is, IMHO, the best ever system for inputting text and numbers on a PDA/SmartPhone device. I am hoping there will be enough stylus interest that FITALY will become available for DROID.

kingsman

Reaction score
I have to be honest. The stylus that I tried were not exactly conventional. Just ones that happen to be laying around.

1. My girlfriend's phone had one, I didn't note what it was at the time.

2. The stylus to a Nintendo DS

3. The pen to a Wacom Intuos 4

Any suggestion would have been a good one.
Thanks for the input. I have been researching the Ten One POGO. Just ordered one. It reportedly works fine on the iPhone. Expect it will on DROID too. Great if so. My fingers have a tough time with the onscreen keyboard and with a number of the games.

Update: I got my POGO Sketch and I am finding the POGO Sketch to be really handy on the virtual keyboard. Now if the FITALY folks would just port (?) their screen to Droid, we would be in business. (You may need to talk with some PALM users to really appreciate FITALY)

Last edited:

JAM

Reaction score
Quote: "I have been researching the Ten One POGO. Just ordered one. It reportedly works fine on the iPhone. Expect it will on DROID too."

Please let us know if the POGO works - I've been wondering...

kingsman

Reaction score
Jam, thanks for the question. The POGO Stylus does not work nearly as well as I had hoped. On the vertual keyboard it's ok, not great but OK. But for gaming it seems to interact with the elements, "moves it, then the elements bounces back where it was". Sometimes moves things, sometimes not. Haven't had enought time to really check it out, but for now I don't recommend it.

I want to rescind that "don't recommend it". The Sketch works so much better on the virtual keyboard as I get more experience with it. Because of my FITALY background, it just seems so clumsy typing with one finger on a QWERTY keyboard. FITALY is a breeze after you get over the learning curve. Some people get 60-70 words per minute on a test.

Last edited:

kingsman

Reaction score
Quote: "I have been researching the Ten One POGO. Just ordered one. It reportedly works fine on the iPhone. Expect it will on DROID too."

Please let us know if the POGO works - I've been wondering...
I want to rescind that "don't recommend it". The Sketch works so much better on the virtual keyboard as I get more experience with it. Because of my FITALY background, it just seems so clumsy typing with one finger on a QWERTY keyboard. FITALY is a breeze after you get over the learning curve. Some people get 60-70 words per minute on a test.

kingsman

Reaction score
I just want to emphasize, the POGO Sketch stylus works. It has a magnet under the foam tip, and that magnet 'talks' to the capacitive screen.