A 'ghetto' method of charging Battery while in Bootloader

DROIDXipz

Reaction score
Hey guys im hoping someone can help shed light on a problem I'm having. I'm currently stuck in bootloader with not even battery power to continue to flash the SBF file. Ive seen various comments saying it is possible to charge a droid x battery simply by splicing a usb cable and applying the corresponding leads to the right terminals for a ghetto charge. I'm just concerned that If I continue with this method I will ruin my battery. So if anyone has any experience with this type of issue or anything that can help me that would be awesome! thanks in advanced

leftspin

Reaction score
I've done that, I still have the cable I did it with and use it from time to time (maybe once or twice a month) when I'm flashing ROMs on a very low battery. As far as I can tell it hasn't had any negative effect on my battery's overall performance but I'm sure if you left your phone on it all the time or used it in place of a regular charger you'd see some negative effects on battery life. I'd also recommend getting yourself a backup battery, I got one off of Amazon for like three bucks I think. I just keep it charged up and at all times and every so often swap it out with my regular battery to make sure it's still full.

They also make standalone battery chargers that you can just stick your battery in and charge it without the phone, but those might run you a little more money. I remember reading a while back that some company had made a limited amount of cables that can charge the phone while it's in bootloader but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it, but I'll try to find a link.

Good luck!