Droid X not powering on

metsfan67

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently bought a Droid X on ebay to play around with, after i had left the Android community and went too iOS. I got it in the mail, and i immediately went to downgrade it, and root it, and that whole process. However, during the SBF flash, my phone died. I was getting the message "low battery cannot program" and after some digging, i found out the only way to charge the battery while in bootloader was to splice into a usb cable, and attach the internal red and black wires too the positive and negative connections on the battery. This supposedly was going to enable my phone to bypass the battery issue long enough for me to flash it, and then bring it back too life. However, after doing this "ghetto charge" method for about 45 minutes, i found my phone to be warm, and i thought my battery had charged. I went to plug it into my computer and all i got was a solid green LED notification light. It was not recognized by windows 7, the screen would not turn on, nothing. Just the green light. Then, i tried to plug it into the wall, and i got the same thing, just with no green notification light. i tried turning it on and going into bootloader with nothing plugged in, and i got nothing. I have ordered a new battery and an external battery charger in the mail, but i am just curious as to if i have broken my phone. I figured that even if the battery was dead, it should power into bootloader when its plugged in, no? I could be totally wrong, i could have broken my phone, i honestly have no idea. Its been over a year since i was in the Android game so im pretty low on knowledge, but im hoping i can get some help so i can fix my phone and get back into it :). Any and all help is appreciated, and thank you in advanced.

*****UPDATE*******
Turns out after leaving my phone plugged into the computer for a while, it got into bootloader. What appears on screen are as follows:
Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,00
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd

Battery Low (Flashing)
Cannot Program (Flashing)

Any way around this?

newmanx4

Reaction score
Okay. First, don't ever do the spliced wire charge with the battery in the phone. You have to take it out to prevent damage to the phone.

Second, the MEM_MAP BLANK message on the boot loader screen means the phone was on system version .621and someone tried to revert it to a previous version. This cannot be done with .621. To get the phone working (if its not a hardware issue) you'll need to either:

A. SBF stock .621 using RSD Lite

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=534088

B. If you want to root, SBF the Milestone X .604.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=556596

Sent from my Black Iced X

OP
M

metsfan67

Reaction score
Okay. First, don't ever do the spliced wire charge with the battery in the phone. You have to take it out to prevent damage to the phone.

Second, the MEM_MAP BLANK message on the boot loader screen means the phone was on system version .621and someone tried to revert it to a previous version. This cannot be done with .621. To get the phone working (if its not a hardware issue) you'll need to either:

A. SBF stock .621 using RSD Lite

.621 SBF Posted

B. If you want to root, SBF the Milestone X .604.

Important Info for .621 Update!

Sent from my Black Iced X

Thanks man. Ill give the second method a shot after my external battery charger and new battery come in, probably around wednesday or thursday. Appreciate the help.