Bootloader 30.04 Battery Low Can't Program

VitalEcho

Reaction score
My Droid X's battery was below 15% and began to freeze up. I left it to sort it self out and when I checked again it was off, so I assumed the battery died. When I got home and plugged it in (wall outlet), a green LED lights up, and the screen says;

Bootloader

Battery Low (Flashing)
Can't Program (Flashing)

I've googled the problem and basically came up with people advising to wipe their phone, and then afterwards the problem still persists. I'd prefer to leave a wipe as a last-option. Is anyone familiar with this issue or know any fixes?

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
My Droid X's battery was below 15% and began to freeze up. I left it to sort it self out and when I checked again it was off, so I assumed the battery died. When I got home and plugged it in (wall outlet), a green LED lights up, and the screen says;

Bootloader

Battery Low (Flashing)
Can't Program (Flashing)

I've googled the problem and basically came up with people advising to wipe their phone, and then afterwards the problem still persists. I'd prefer to leave a wipe as a last-option. Is anyone familiar with this issue or know any fixes?

since im new to the x game my thought would be to turn off the x and plug it in the wall and do not turn it on let it charge for the night io had to do this when i stupidly ( again noob to the x ) tried to flash a rom with rom manager and it charged up so i can sbf it back to froyo

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Take the battery out immediately. It won't charge in bootloader mode.

With the message you got, you have only one option.

You need to find an alternative way to charge your battery, either a friend, or to bring just the battery to the verizon store, then when it's fully charged, you have to SBF.

Resources:
SBF files - DroidX

My personal favorite new easy way:
SBF-LiveDisc

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You aren't charging your phone now. You risk overheating it.

There is no OS in place for the device to even be able to accept charge.

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
V

VitalEcho

Reaction score
Well, ****. Okay, Im new to a lot of this so in a nutshell, what is sbt? And with my luck, it'll wipe the phone, right?
Edit; Also, what is the best option for sbt? I've read that linux is easier, but I don't use linux. I've heard that Windows won't be as reliable. What sort of issues are we talking about with using Windows compared to linux?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I just helped a noob user (his words, not mine) the other day. Do a Google search here in the forums for "droidx SBF droidforums". He said it was super easy and he now feels comfortable rerooting his phone. Doing the SBF will wipe the phone but you want it to. The file will reload everything you need and when you sign back into your Google account, all your apps and contacts will automatically download via sync. Keep the questions coming and we'll get you through this. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
V

VitalEcho

Reaction score
I just helped a noob user (his words, not mine) the other day. Do a Google search here in the forums for "droidx SBF droidforums". He said it was super easy and he now feels comfortable rerooting his phone. Doing the SBF will wipe the phone but you want it to. The file will reload everything you need and when you sign back into your Google account, all your apps and contacts will automatically download via sync. Keep the questions coming and we'll get you through this. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Thanks alot. I figured the wipe but one can hope. I've read through a few guides here and it looks pretty easy, I'm just wanting to get all my facts before attempting. Will any of this void my warranty with Moto? If so, I'd rather just send it in an use the warranty to fix.

Edit: More questions. Since my phone is obviously wiped, as far as apps and such goes. Will I be-able to redownload my paid apps at no-charge by default, or will I need to contact the publisher of any paid apps I previously had? Any also, would anyone happen to know if this means my sd card was wiped as well? Seriously hoping not.

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your purchases on the android market are tied to your google account, so all paid apps can be reinstalled at no additional charge forever as long as you login with the same gmail account when you set up your device again.
Your sdcard is the only thing that won't get touched

The easiest way by far is this;
SBF-LiveDisc

1KDS put that together, makes it easier than pouring a bowl of cereal.

An sbf is just a file type, I think it stands for system backup file or something like that. All methods for sbf'ing are simply ways to use software to restore all the data within the sbf file back onto your device, so that you are back to fresh out of the box stock.

{{ WugFresh }}

OP
V

VitalEcho

Reaction score
Your purchases on the android market are tied to your google account, so all paid apps can be reinstalled at no additional charge forever as long as you login with the same gmail account when you set up your device again.
Your sdcard is the only thing that won't get touched

The easiest way by far is this;
SBF-LiveDisc

1KDS put that together, makes it easier than pouring a bowl of cereal.

An sbf is just a file type, I think it stands for system backup file or something like that. All methods for sbf'ing are simply ways to use software to restore all the data within the sbf file back onto your device, so that you are back to fresh out of the box stock.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks, that's good to hear. As for the sbf, will doing this void my warrenty in any way?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
No warranty voiding, you are just returning it to full factory settings, as if it just came out of the box.

legion858

Reaction score
just go to the verizon store and replace the battery...if problems still occur then SBF it but no problems came up after switching batteries

johhnyred23

Reaction score
I had the same problem,you have to let it charge. I thought I brick it.I went fromto my laptop.to my desktop,you have to install driver and rsdlitv.7

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Rocko

Reaction score
Rule #1. Never begin sbf without 100% battery life.