A few little bugs I've noticed, now that I've had it for two weeks..

hoosiercub

Reaction score
One is with LauncherPro I'm assuming, It works just fine with no issues. On boot though, when I go to unlock the device after the initial startup, the unlock works fine, but chucks me into a black screen with the notification bar, and I can't pull it down, and none of the capacitive touch buttons do anything. Eventually it pops up or LP force closes, and its fine after that til another reboot.

Signal dropping, well not signal, just data connection. Sometimes when I have an extended call period, use WiFi for a long time, or just randomly while using the device, I'll drop data connectivity altogether, after a minute or so it comes back. It's not a huge issue as it happened with my Dinc, and my Blackberries in the past on occasion. It just gets annoying and I want to be sure it's not just me.

Lastly, when I use the sleep mode, the phone 'sleeps' just fine. I am then unable to awaken it with the power button.. eventually it pops up and everything is fine, but it takes a good amount of time to do so.

I am rooted and bootstrapped, but these issues were prevalent before I rooted and bootstrapped.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One is with LauncherPro I'm assuming, It works just fine with no issues. On boot though, when I go to unlock the device after the initial startup, the unlock works fine, but chucks me into a black screen with the notification bar, and I can't pull it down, and none of the capacitive touch buttons do anything. Eventually it pops up or LP force closes, and its fine after that til another reboot.

Signal dropping, well not signal, just data connection. Sometimes when I have an extended call period, use WiFi for a long time, or just randomly while using the device, I'll drop data connectivity altogether, after a minute or so it comes back. It's not a huge issue as it happened with my Dinc, and my Blackberries in the past on occasion. It just gets annoying and I want to be sure it's not just me.

Lastly, when I use the sleep mode, the phone 'sleeps' just fine. I am then unable to awaken it with the power button.. eventually it pops up and everything is fine, but it takes a good amount of time to do so.

I am rooted and bootstrapped, but these issues were prevalent before I rooted and bootstrapped.

I too am rooted and bootstrapped and had the exact same issue while using LauncherPro. I finally switched to Go Laucher and have not had that issue since. As to the other issues you're having, I can't really help you there as I've not experienced either of those. Just as a general suggestion, you might try a Factory Hard Reset.

Anyway, good luck. :biggrin:

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I too am rooted and bootstrapped and had the exact same issue while using LauncherPro. I finally switched to Go Laucher and have not had that issue since.

How is Go Launcher over LP? I've been debating on whether or not to make the switch. Biggest question: Does it have a scroll-able dock like LP?

As to the data signal randomly dropping out, I can attest to this. My issue seems to be whenever I launch PDA.net in usb mode though. After a few minutes my connection drops off significantly, if not all together. Makes me wonder if Verizon has some sneaky way of auto-detecting when you do this and subsequently throttles your connection. Paranoia? Just a little bit.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How is Go Launcher over LP? I've been debating on whether or not to make the switch. Biggest question: Does it have a scroll-able dock like LP?

As to the data signal randomly dropping out, I can attest to this. My issue seems to be whenever I launch PDA.net in usb mode though. After a few minutes my connection drops off significantly, if not all together. Makes me wonder if Verizon has some sneaky way of auto-detecting when you do this and subsequently throttles your connection. Paranoia? Just a little bit.

No scrollable dock. That wasn't an issue for me personally.

Not paranoid. I think it is entirely possible of both counts: auto-detecting and throttling.

Rjohnson3452

Reaction score
I was having issues with the LP widgets not updating, our really, updating when they wanted to, usually once our twice a day and pushing the refresh button does nothing. I just uninstalled and I'm actually enjoying blur or whatever they are calling this, but I do miss the scrolling dock.
Fede was supposed to update lp but its way overdue. I'll check it out again once its updated.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I thought GO Launcher did indeed have a scrollable dock. Check again. It did when I used it on my D1. Best launcher out there. Haven't put it on my Bionic yet but might soon.

CronoDL

Reaction score
I don't have any comments on the main issues in this thread, but there indeed is a scrollable dock for Go Launcher.

Just go to the Go Launcher preferences -> Screen Settings. Then scroll down to Dock Settings. Dock Rows is where you choose how many scrollable docks there are. You can have up to 3 sets