Well I've had a D3 for about 3 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazoe

Reaction score
And well, I'm starting to get tired of all the problems.
Cons:
1. The signal quality, a lot worse than the D1. 70% more dropped calls.
2. The "random reboot" problem, seems that as long as the battery stays above 20-25% there's no problem. But the second it drops below that almost always reboots. Seems a little strange.
3. "Crapware" nuff said.
4. Data roaming shutting off by its self. I rely on data for many things. The most important is gtalk, its how I get updates about problems when out on service calls. Had to fall back to old sms and compaired to gtalk, sms is slow.
5. Gtalk. Seems like what ever they did to disable the video also causes some problems, like showing everyone as offline. Missed messages. Etc. I haven't spent any time tring to figure out what excatly is going on.

Pros:
1. AWESOME keyboard!
2. Dual core is fast, but with default setup you can't notice because of slow animations and crapy home screen.
3. I really like the display, I don't care what anyone else says.
4. Hmm, this would have been for the front facing camera but its useless because of con 5

Just thought I'd rant for a bit, hope you've enjoyed it.

Btw: most of the issues with the exception of the poor signal quality, could most likely be fixed with root. But it seeems like with the phone being so locked down if/when we get root it will still be hard to rom. So I will start looking to an alternative phone, and tell vzw, which I believe is to blame for most if not all problems everyone is having, to kiss my ***.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Moderator: feel free to move this to another section, when I started typing I didn't mean for it to come out as a rant.

Venom51

Reaction score
Any chance you can copy paste this to every Droid forum on the net? Oh...wait...you already did.

OP
D

dazoe

Reaction score
One other forum is not "every Droid forum". Posting on two different forums is not a bad thing. Two different sets of people get to respond.

Oh and thank you very much for your very helpful comment. Oh.. wait... it wasn't helpful at all.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
One other forum is not "every Droid forum". Posting on two different forums is not a bad thing. Two different sets of people get to respond.

Oh and thank you very much for your very helpful comment. Oh.. wait... it wasn't helpful at all.

What were you hoping people would respond with? You just stated pros and cons and informed us that you're going to start looking for another option.

OP
D

dazoe

Reaction score
I didn't really care what they respond with, as long as it's not stupid, rude, pointless remarks.

J

JriderG

Well we don't really care about your decision in switching phones, and I can't imagine anyone enjoyed you starting a BS thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

dazoe

Reaction score
I created this thread to see if others felt the same way. Instead I get non helpful and rude remarks.

Mod, please delete or lock this thread. I really don't want this crap to continue.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.