.902 Root Method!

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Rooted my cousin's Bionic last night, Motofail was so easy it was almost boring lol! So easy I wasn't expecting to see SuperUser or root but worked perfectly! I have had mine rooted since .886 and it was a little more work to get root then.

OP
unbesorgt

unbesorgt

Reaction score
so has rooting the bionic help with the connection issues ?and do you have to root to use 901 or 902 ?

Pretty sure Motofail will root any version. Rooting is not going to help connection issues, but most people report that .902 worked wonders for their connectivity.

You don't have to root to use .902 -- it's an official OTA update.

davoIII

Reaction score
No... just put the zip file on the desktop of your windows PC. Extract the file there. Then simply execute the run (batch) file. Make sure you have your phone connected and the latest moto drivers USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA , and set your phone's USB connection to "Charge Only".

So when I click the link should I save it to desktop cuz ive been clicking run Lolz. So save to desktop then extract which file I get two one with no name but when opened has the same files :/

OP
unbesorgt

unbesorgt

Reaction score
So when I click the link should I save it to desktop cuz ive been clicking run Lolz. So save to desktop then extract which file I get two one with no name but when opened has the same files :/

The zip file you downloaded should contain a folder called motofail. You need to extract the entire folder to your desktop. Open the folder and verify that there are eight files inside -- otherwise you have done something wrong.

After verifying, double-click the run.bat file and follow the instructions in the command prompt window to root your Bionic.

If you try running it without extracting the files first, it will fail every time because it can't find the adb.exe file -- which is still zipped up inside the archive.

Tcizzle

Reaction score
Rooted my cousin's Bionic last night, Motofail was so easy it was almost boring lol! So easy I wasn't expecting to see SuperUser or root but worked perfectly! I have had mine rooted since .886 and it was a little more work to get root then.

Dude, totally agree. That was so flippin easy. Thank You OP!!!!!!!!!!!dancedroid

CamoCustom

Reaction score
Wow, so simple a caveman can do it! Sorry, I had to, worked perfectly on my Bionic, using windows XP

GirlGeek123

Reaction score
Fixed Bionic that wouldn't root!

Motofail

Let me know if it works or not!

Motofail works great! I've had my Bionic for a not quite a week, just barely getting it set up, and realized it wasn't rooted. I tried a lot of things and came across your post. It the link still works, but when it was all over, I tried to make a donation, and the site said they were not taking any more donations, so I'll just post a note of thanks.

:yr1:--Bambi

jickracer007

Reaction score
Dumb question if I gon't have root will it give me root? or do is just a few added adb.files?

jickracer007

Reaction score
root

I am on the 902 already and I have seen there people are having some isssues on 902 and actually flashing back to an earlier build