901 and received / installed the 902 soak test build??? Post here!!!

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Just need to power down, then hold in volume button(both) and power button at same time to enter stock recovery

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ebourlet

Reaction score
This is the official 902 ota update. It's meant to install over 893. It's a zip inside a zip in an attempt to keep the confusion on moto naming conventions down, lol. The inner zip is what you install. It likely will not upgrade 901 but will upgrade a 893 43v3rroot while keeping root.
Bionic902.zip

On 901 this file did not work.

kurumatt

Reaction score
Just as an update. I did indeed have to nandroid back to odex 901 to install 902. It was worth it. Phone is happy snappy and using less battery.
I also kept forever root

davedfd

Reaction score
worked like a charm.. used file from post 38.. thanks guys!!

jecki

Reaction score
901 -> 902

I have been running a leaked 901 version, rooted forever. My phone DL'd the 902 update on its own. I allowed it to run. It worked without issue and I maintained root. No need to use the file that was posted as the OTA worked just fine.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I'm on leaked, rooted 901 via bionic path saver and just got pushed the 902 OTA moments ago, downloading now. 901 was perfect, so I'm curious to see if this will end up being a "ain't broke don't fix it" situation or just further polishing on what's already a good build... updating now, wish me luck!

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I'm on leaked, rooted 901 via bionic path saver and just got pushed the 902 OTA moments ago, downloading now. 901 was perfect, so I'm curious to see if this will end up being a "ain't broke don't fix it" situation or just further polishing on what's already a good build... updating now, wish me luck!

Well update failed of course, since I installed the leaked 901, I guess I'll have to get my hands on the file someone uploaded for the path that I'm on...

Tonik

Reaction score
Well update failed of course, since I installed the leaked 901, I guess I'll have to get my hands on the file someone uploaded for the path that I'm on...

Post 38 of the thread below. Double check the file it should be about 25MB, that is 901 to 902. If it is 56 MB that is the full 893 to 902 that you don't want. The post 38 file is the one I used to go from 901 to 902, it went just fine.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...nstalled-902-soak-test-build-post-here-4.html

rdgxray

Reaction score
I manually installed the leaked 9.01 and it downloaded the 9.02 ota and upgraded on its own...stock otherwise though...if you just downloaded and installed the official 9.01 ota then you should be on upgrade path...if you have problems with ota 9.02 you must have changed something else...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dmdubois

Reaction score
After spending quite a bit of time reading through all the posts, trying to figure out how to get this update on my phone in the current state it was (running the manual .901 update, rooted, forever rooted, safestrapped, running Eclipse 2.1 in safe mode), I went back to my non-safe mode from which I intended to apply the .901>.902 update. Before doing this the manual way (as I had with .901), I decided to check on the phone's OTA system update and, lo and behold, I was pushed the .902 update. I accepted the update, it downloaded, I accepted the install, it took me to stock recovery (skipping the safestrap boot menu), and the update installed. It rebooted, I had kept root, I had kept safestrap, and, after switching back to non-safe mode, I am back running Eclipse 2.1 on .902!! A hell of a thing...

Next step will be to put on DHacker's ICS, which, it sounds like, now has the radio sorted out. I realize having an unlocked bootloader would probably make development a whole hell of a lot easier, but I don't get why this phone gets so much grief from the cell phone community. If you read developer instructions and follow directions, this thing can be whatever you want it to be.

Thanks to everyone on this post for their help, as well as to all the developers hard at work on this device!!