.893 stripped root access away

Dezero

Reaction score
Hello,
i just received the OTA a couple days ago and didnt notice till i need to do something with Bootstrap recovery that although it shows that super user access is granted it actually isnt. (for both of them) when i go into Titanium back up it shows it cannot gain root access, root explorer has no ability to edit files...

i rooted my bionic, did the forever root with the mod of RootExplorer Method /system/bin/ the OTA removed the 3 lines of text. I have gone back and tried the one click root and it is not working.

any help would be awesome!

Eshuntmu

Reaction score
Have you tried to revert back to .866 I am having issues with .893 and did the leak. I was told we could not revert back because of the locked bootloader. I was wondering if I sbf'd would dat change my radio and kernel back to factory........

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Eshuntmu

Reaction score
I meant .886 not. 866

bwlstuff

Reaction score
I had the same issue after OTA. See "5.5.893 root lost" thread. The exploit in there worked for me (while the R3L3AS3DRoot did not). After I got root back, I did run the 43V3R Root in hopes that I don't have to do this again.

demnogis

Reaction score
Dezero, can you elaborate? What about those of us with only one PC to root our phones with?

Thanks,
~D

OP
D

Dezero

Reaction score
It had nothing to do with my phone or the update for root, when the update hit it took away my root and permissions. I proceeded to do the one click root from the forum post a couple after this one and it didn't work, but it was because my computer was placing unzipped files in a different place. So when I ran the oneclick root it went through the process but didn't actually do anything, it dint give any errors though which was weird.