[6/29/2012] NEW Bionic ICS Leak 6.7.229

bufordtpisser

Reaction score
I have the file, but since mine is running so dam good right now, I think I will wait.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
i'm doing the initial boot of the new leak :) not a bump in the whole process flash back and forward. going to the movies with the mrs. i'll check back from there to see about the 1.2. then again i got 1.2 from the last leak...

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Though I've been having a couple of minor hiccups with the last build, I think I'll hold onto it at least long enough for all the early adopters to report back on what (if anything) this improves. If it seems worth it, I'll wrangle up a PC and get to work.

bhp117

Reaction score
229 do feel more polish than 2233
4g is more stable for me than 2233
if you don't like to fz back then i say it's not really needed to spend that 1-2 hrs process to get this new leak and having to set up your phone again
i don't have any issues with 2233 but just want to see how the new leak improve and i can say not too much differences between both leak
if you want more stable 4g then i would give 229 a try

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
2233 had great battery life and data stability for me, I was looking for the clockspeed issue and lapdock to be fixed, which are both still not fixed. BUT, like someone above said, the setup is different, very cool looking, and the overall distro is slicker, more polished.

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
If you use moto-fastboot and not wipe data you can go from .2233 to. 229 in without losing anything and be rooted again in 20 minutes.

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I moto-fastboot the system, boot, preinstall and webtop images and wipe cache only. I reboot (it won't boot) and then do a battery pull. If you straight to recovery after flashing the images, recovery can't mount the cache partition. Reinsert the battery and boot recovery. Flash 905 and the new ICS, reboot and root. Then you still have everything still intact.

grgguy

Reaction score
If you use moto-fastboot and not wipe data you can go from .2233 to. 229 in without losing anything and be rooted again in 20 minutes.

Can you post the procedure ...for us retards. I want to give this leak a go but I dread spf'ing and resetting up the phone .

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Keep data, download moto-fastboot. Unzip it and put the 3 files in there into the 902 fxz folder. Rename the 902 fxz just 902 and have it on your desktop. open a command prompt
cd desktop/902 (enter)
moto-fastboot flash boot boot.img (enter)
moto-fastboot flash system system.img (enter)
moto-fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img (enter)
moto-fastboot flash webtop grfs.img (enter)
moto-fastboot erase cache (enter)
moto-fastboot reboot (enter)
It won't boot but give it 30 secs-1 minute and then power down and boot recovery
flash 905 and then ICS.
Root, done.
moto-fastboot http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=635584&d=1308928440

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks tim. I may have to do this later when battery charges up. You the man....again! Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I thought I'd try out this ICS leak...and I gotta say I have seen some crappy steps backwards imho!... what's with the sh%tty-a$$ menus !?? All the settings are now scrambled, and I haven't really seen any performance enhancements to speak of... I know it's still early for me and I need to give it a bit more time, but wtf is supposed to be so great about ICS UI ??

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I thought I'd try out this ICS leak...and I gotta say I have seen some crappy steps backwards imho!... what's with the sh%tty-a$$ menus !?? All the settings are now scrambled, and I haven't really seen any performance enhancements to speak of... I know it's still early for me and I need to give it a bit more time, but wtf is supposed to be so great about ICS UI ??

I think it has a faster and smoother interface. I love how they reorganized the settings. Only think I dint like is the data toggle I think should be with the other toggles instead of in the data section.
And I wish we could customize the stock power widget I would take off the rotate and brightness and put in data and or 4 g toggle

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: