4G in general, how stable is it?

bhall238

Reaction score
I've posted in other threads but maybe it got buried so here goes. For people that live in 4G cities, how stable are you finding it? New Orleans is 4G and some days it is solid, like today at work seemed to be. Last night at home it was no G. Is the fact that I live maybe 15 miles outside of the city proper too much on the fringe? I don't think it's my phone, but how can I know? Right now I'm home and am watching the notification bar go from no indication to 3G, briefly to 4 then nothing again. My Verizon store was no help what so ever (I stopped there on my way home, but then these are the people that are still pushing app killers). Yesterday I called 611 and the guy said they had heard of issues like this and that I needed to do a factory reset. I did that during the day but like I said last night was back to the same thing.

Sometimes when this is happening I am trying to connect to the Market, it says "a network connection is needed" and when I go into settings I see the Mobile Network line say "connection failed". Just now I looked at it and it's changing from connected to connecting to turning on. It would be nice to hear something official from Verizon about what's going on, but while I wait I would like to hear how this is going for more of you.

cpjr

Reaction score
I remember when 3G was first rolled out. Same thing, spotty coverage and in/out. Now its rock solid.

It will take time for the network to develop and be solid. People (like myself) who bought the TB (being the only 4G device right now) know this is new technology and that the service is what it is right now.

jr313

Reaction score
Im in Detroit city and its perfect..mo problems at all even across most of lower MI i have it and its very stable..

enyalius

Reaction score
I have to say: aside from a single hiccup that I experienced on a Friday and was fixed at some point during the weekend, it's been rock solid here in Columbus!

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm in the Los Angeles area and 4g is very stable. I DID drop 1 call though.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Orange county, CA.. stable..

if your on the boundary tho.. i dunno.. you might need to force 3g when home or go wifi.

Pumaro

Reaction score
I live in the DFW area and 4G is flat out awesome. I leave WiFi off since the 4G is more reliable and faster. At work I leave the hotspot turned on all day so my iPad has a connection.

sent via ThunderBolt

Cuda1169

Reaction score
I live and work in the Washington D.C. metroplex and 4g is strong here, not a single hiccup. In fact, it is almost as fast as my home network.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies; I may have to switch on the wi-fi when I get home for the forseeable future. Looking at the map of 4G coverage, I am more toward the edge than I would like, but not as close to the edge that my problem seems to indicate.

joh2141

Reaction score
Very stable. I'm loving every part of 4g. They made this a big deal for a reason.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums