What are the chances of me getting a 4G signal?

Reaction score
I just bought a Thunderbolt on ebay and I am currently on the edge of what Verizon calls "4G LTE Extended Coverage Area". I know the the city about 10 miles north has 4g and a city 10 miles east has 4g and another city located about 6 miles south is currently being upgraded to 4g. What are the chances of me getting some sort of 4g service as of now?

Here's what I know, from where I live there is a cell phone tower located about 2 miles southeast which is NOT 4g capable (yet). Since (I assume) that's what tower my cell phone is connected to when I'm at home does that mean that I won't receive 4g service? Or can 4g phones take 3g/1x service from one tower and 4g service from another?

Thanks for any info and when I activate the phone, will I just automatically have 4g? My school is in a 4g covered area so I will be able to test it. Also, since I have unlimited 3g data will I also have unlimited 4g data?

kookk

Reaction score
It's just something you have to try. I live 20 mins from 4 bar 4g but at my house I have 2 bar 3g.

If you were grandfathered in to data, you have unlimited 4g

Sent from my cyanobolt