Experienced 4g today..

ToastnBananas

Reaction score
So I live in Newark Ohio an had to go to Columbus today. About 10 miles outside from where I live my phone received 4g. I went and checked my speeds and on 4g my DL speed is a little over 5.5mbps, 3g I only get around 300kbps and while connected to wifi, I get roughly 1mbps.
Sadly, I really miss my 4g connection =[

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Not trying to brag, but that must be a pretty weak 4G area ... just WAIT until you get to experience it in a stronger area. I consistently get 26+ down at work :D

I SO love the speed!

capetocairo

Reaction score
Sadly, I have yet been able to experience 4G, as it is not available around my location just yet. I'm patient though :)

OP
ToastnBananas

ToastnBananas

Reaction score
Not trying to brag, but that must be a pretty weak 4G area ... just WAIT until you get to experience it in a stronger area. I consistently get 26+ down at work :D

I SO love the speed!

Over 26mbps? wow

markwebb

Reaction score
Lucky everyone!

My area is NOT getting 4G in 2011 or 2012: wasn't on the lists which VZW keeps updating. :(

Psykho

Reaction score
I average 15-35 in Boston and have read about people hitting over 50

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
0pQzr0Z

Here is a shot of some recent results taken from various locations in the building. Highest I ever got was 36.something ...

Psykho

Reaction score
Like I said I only read about it but I have seen pics of high 40s

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Noob here.

I don't under stand this, "I get 20 mbs."
Is this the speed for browsing the internet? Or downloading stuff?

Because when I used the Droid Charge today, I noticed significantly faster downloads, but slower web speeds on the same pages I loaded. Though I did have 4 bars 3G and 3 bars 4G. My X beat it by about a second on all four. (youtube, droid-life, google, and yahoo)

Also, how does 4G compare to WIFI? Which is faster? (I am using an ATT router BTW)

Psykho

Reaction score
I'm using a bolt and it makes everything that uses data and the internet faster from what I can tell . I don't know why we need over say 25-30 because when I get those speeds everything is instant unless I suppose your downloading a big file then I could see wanting more speed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForum

OP
ToastnBananas

ToastnBananas

Reaction score
0pQzr0Z

Here is a shot of some recent results taken from various locations in the building. Highest I ever got was 36.something ...

That is insane, lol I honestly didn't even know that the 4g speeds would go that high. >.<
If/when 4g comes to Newark, or I eventually move, I would still be happy with that 5mbps connection compared to my low 3g though. lmao

myDownfall

Reaction score
Experienced 4G in Columbus two weekends ago when in town for Rock on the Range. Best I can get here is 3G, but when I travel to State College(PSU), I get 14.76Mbps. That's the best I could get on 4G.