In 4G area but not connected?

meepstone

Reaction score
So my airport has 4G in my city and im like 1 mile outside of the 4G coverage but within the extended 4G coverage on the verizon map. I've seen my phone connect to 4G a few times but always goes back to 3G within seconds. Also If i travel through the 4G zone my phone still stays on 3G.

Any ideas how i can try and get it on 4g?

twinklystar129

Reaction score
I have the same issue when I am on this client in West Covina, CA (east LA). The coverage map says I have 4G and 3G coverage, but the phone is battling constantly between 4G/3G and 1x. Data goes on and off. I don't have this problem when I am downtown LA, in the office, or at home. Yes, all the places I've been to have 4G coverage.

It's also not the building. I am sitting right besides the window. In addition, even when I am in the car outside the building I have this issue. I wonder if it's the phone or the network? I'm hoping it's the network that can be fixed through an OTA update and not the phone. It'll be very frustrating if it does this even when I am at a fully covered area.. not to mention, the battery drains twice as fast as being on 4G when it's constantly searching/switching to be on something.

jawa6969

Reaction score
I am the same boat at my house. I am within a 4g area according to Verizon's coverage map. There are a few "extended 4g areas" showing up right around my street. So at home, I see the 4G connect and drop constantly. It sucks but I have WIFI so I am ok overall (at home).

I think the only thing we can all do is wait for the network to build up. To be expected since this is VZ's first 4g phone. We get to be here from the onset but we also get the hiccups. Blah! :)