3rd Droid

1stdroid

Reaction score
I guess I should change my name to 3rddroid instead of first.

I was so anticipating getting this phone, I stood outside the store at 6:45 on 11-6 and was literally the first one in southwest MI to own the phone.

My son and I both got them and then headed out of town. Immediately, I found the droid had a defective earpiece speaker. It crackled and sounded terrible. Especially women's voices (frequency).

I returned the phone the following Monday and on the first day, the 2nd droid began the random power down cycling. It has continued to do this since then and just today, I took it in and exchanged it for the 3rd new droid. I'm hoping the 3rd phone is a charm.

I love the phone and want it to succeed but, I demand quality and performance. After all, with the 2 droids and another 2 phones on my plan, it's a $5K+ commitment over the next 2 years.

So far, after only about 4 hours, sound quality is perfect and no random power cycles. Incidentally, my son has the initial droid we picked up on 11-6 and has had no problems. Go figure, the ol' man buys the stuff and gets the hassle!

On a positive note, I'm now an expert at installing the Verizon screen protectors. Not a single bit of dust or bubble in this one!!!

J

JohnDroid

I guess I should change my name to 3rddroid instead of first.

I was so anticipating getting this phone, I stood outside the store at 6:45 on 11-6 and was literally the first one in southwest MI to own the phone.

My son and I both got them and then headed out of town. Immediately, I found the droid had a defective earpiece speaker. It crackled and sounded terrible. Especially women's voices (frequency).

I returned the phone the following Monday and on the first day, the 2nd droid began the random power down cycling. It has continued to do this since then and just today, I took it in and exchanged it for the 3rd new droid. I'm hoping the 3rd phone is a charm.

I love the phone and want it to succeed but, I demand quality and performance. After all, with the 2 droids and another 2 phones on my plan, it's a $5K+ commitment over the next 2 years.

So far, after only about 4 hours, sound quality is perfect and no random power cycles. Incidentally, my son has the initial droid we picked up on 11-6 and has had no problems. Go figure, the ol' man buys the stuff and gets the hassle!

On a positive note, I'm now an expert at installing the Verizon screen protectors. Not a single bit of dust or bubble in this one!!!

I hope you have better luck with this one. My first one was a hit right off the bat!

ericwiz

Reaction score
Yeah I hope you do too! It is such a great phone I hate to hear all the junk you had to go through.

Take heart, I have had no issues so -- Third time's a charm right?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I hope you have better luck with this one. My first one was a hit right off the bat!

Same here.... Have to add this is the best phone/device that I have owned (not including Firearms)....

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on my third Droid as well. Its looking like the third time was the charm for me. Good luck!

Slighter

Reaction score
I went through that crap with the Q9c to the tune of 5 of them before getting it right. My Droid from release day: flawless

Ben

Reaction score
I am on my third Droid too. First one the camera had a dark background and weird rainbows around everything in the foreground. Second one the GPS didn't work. Third one the speaker sounds like people are standing in a tunnel and the GPS is intermittent at best. Fourth one coming tomorrow.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I'm still loving my first, but you guys are scaring me! Reminding me of my Storm!!!:byestorm:

praeceps

Reaction score
I think we're all in general going to be okay. The Droid is a well built phone, and a flagship product. However, we're all unlucky sometimes. I'm just grateful I bought the hard plastic case for it... the second day I had mine I dropped it on my dad's car shops floor... A.K.A. unadulterated concrete. The bigger irony: it was from picking it up from a safe place.

millerwf

Reaction score
2nd Droid

I had my first droid for 28 days before it died. I had bought it from Walmart so when it quit I went back to the same store. Walmart called Verizon, assuming they would replace it. Verison said they would replace it if I sent them the old Droid plus $50. Walmart stepped up and just gave me a new Droid off the shelf, no questions, no hassels. When I asked what to do if this one failed they said they would take care of me but they would have to get with Motorolla or Verizon to figure out how they would get compensated for the bad units. I've had this on for 10 days and it seems to be doing great. Has anyone had issues with the cold weather? I live in the Northwest and tempertures get below zero. The old one seemed to lock up whenever I was outside in below zero weather. It seemed to start back up once it had warmed up but I'm a little leary of packing the new one outside, which is where I really need it. thanks.