3G gets disabled frequently...annoying

iamthebest235

Reaction score
I've been having this issue frequently now especially since the GB update. Every time when the phone comes back from idle state, the 3G is off (no icon on the notification bar). It takes some seconds (30 or 40) to come back on. And that is if I'm lucky! Sometimes it is off for a long time and when I go to settings>battery & data manager>data delivery the data enabled box is "unchecked" and I have to check it to enable 3G again. This is getting really frustating as I stream music in my car from the phone and whenever the phone goes idle it looses 3G and after the song is done playing the next song won't come up b/c data is off. Also big problem with email accts., the gmail account is ok, but my other corporate/school account does not check/refresh b/c data is off when the phone is idle, I have to always turn the phone on (bring it back from idle) wait for data/3G to come back on and then go to the email app and hit refresh for any emails that I had missed. Any fixes or suggestions? Phone is not rooted. Updated to GB.

ELH

Reaction score
Is the background data checkbox enabled on that same screen? If not , try it.

srvctec

Reaction score
You don't by chance happen to have JuiceDefender installed, do you? Sounds like what that program does.

Theot

Reaction score
You don't by chance happen to have JuiceDefender installed, do you? Sounds like what that program does.

Kinda sounds like it, that's why I stopped using JD, I keep chargers everywhere so I'd rather have my data working correctly.

OP
I

iamthebest235

Reaction score
Yes Background Data is checked.

And YES I do have JD installed!

Should I just get rid of it?

OP
I

iamthebest235

Reaction score
I think I just found the problem source (thnx srvctec and theot): I had the "enable after unlock" activated in JD. I think this should take care of it. Will leave it like this for the day and see if it works!

Thanks for the help and will keep every1 posted.

tstall

Reaction score
Re: 3G gets disabled frequently - Juice Defender settings?

Hi, I too have the droid bionic and have problems getting 3g back after phone is unlocked after inactivity. I have juice defender - and never thought before that it might be the cause of some of the problems, since many others have had problems with connectivity with these phones. Can you tell me what setting in juice defender you changed, and if your problem was fixed because of this. Thanks!

Trisha Stall

I think I just found the problem source (thnx srvctec and theot): I had the "enable after unlock" activated in JD. I think this should take care of it. Will leave it like this for the day and see if it works!

Thanks for the help and will keep every1 posted.