Data capability not working

VincentSean09

Reaction score
Hey I'm using my friends old Droid X2 and the data or 3g isn't working. I can't send or receive picture messages unless I have wifi, I also can't go on the internet, download apps, or us apps that use data. When he first gave me the phone the back up assistant wouldn't work soo I called tech support and he had me take out the battery, reboot, factory reset, so on and so forth. Well turns out non of that worked and he said that the data capability is prob no good in the phone. Just today the 3g light comes on and my back up assistant turns on and backs up all of my contacts! after a little bit the 3g light turns off and it won't work anymore. Every once in a while the 3g symbol comes on and then turns off. I also read quite a bit of other forums and have tried some suggestions, but they didn't work. I tried to turn on and off airplane mode, I tried turning on data roaming, I deleted my advance task killer app...... Please help me get my 3g back on so I'm not paying for a 30 dollar 2gb package of data when I can't even use it!!!! Thanks

Last edited:
OP
V

VincentSean09

Reaction score
Continued

I actually just realized that if I do turn on airplane mode and then turn it off that the 3g comes on............ why is that? and how do I fix it permanently?