3300mA extended battery for motorola droid @____@

Reaction score
two questions! i work 2 jobs and since my car's cigarette lighter is broken i bought 3 batteries off amazon (they were $5 each!). however, i keep losing them, and because i never let them discharge all the way before switching their readings are wonky (i.e. going from 10% to 60% almost instantly while charging). so i was wondering if anybody had this

Extended Battery Back Cover For Motorola Droid 2 Global - eBay (item 330523904203 end time Jan-29-11 17:33:49 PST)

i know it says it works for the droid 2 global, but i read on here that extended batteries for the droid 2 work for the droid 1, and the batteries i bought off amazon are compatible with both. does anyone know for sure if it will work with my phone? or if its any good at all? looool. if not, i'll probably take the plunge anyways, for $14, why not! thanks in advance :icon_eek:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
however, i keep losing them, and because i never let them discharge all the way before switching their readings are wonky (i.e. going from 10% to 60% almost instantly while charging).
Something's either wrong with the batteries or your battery stats. Li ion cells should not be fully depleted before recharging. You're thinking of NiCads.

anuraj1

Reaction score
two questions! i work 2 jobs and since my car's cigarette lighter is broken i bought 3 batteries off amazon (they were $5 each!). however, i keep losing them, and because i never let them discharge all the way before switching their readings are wonky (i.e. going from 10% to 60% almost instantly while charging). so i was wondering if anybody had this

Extended Battery Back Cover For Motorola Droid 2 Global - eBay (item 330523904203 end time Jan-29-11 17:33:49 PST)

i know it says it works for the droid 2 global, but i read on here that extended batteries for the droid 2 work for the droid 1, and the batteries i bought off amazon are compatible with both. does anyone know for sure if it will work with my phone? or if its any good at all? looool. if not, i'll probably take the plunge anyways, for $14, why not! thanks in advance :icon_eek:

The link says it is only 2300 mah. Still a big improvement. I'm using a Droid 2 extended battery in my D1 and it works great. I am using the 1860 mah one though. From the look of the battery, it should fit. There is also a 2600 mah one floating around out there by seidio that is specifically made for the D1.

Inverse

Reaction score
That looks like one fat battery. Id love for someone to take a pic while that's on the actual phone.

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 <3

OP
B
Reaction score
however, i keep losing them, and because i never let them discharge all the way before switching their readings are wonky (i.e. going from 10% to 60% almost instantly while charging).
Something's either wrong with the batteries or your battery stats. Li ion cells should not be fully depleted before recharging. You're thinking of NiCads.

that could be true. im just saying what happens. from what i've heard if you let them drain all the way then charge them back up the readings are displayed correctly.

my battery will go from 30% to 10% instantly with no warning, i'll plug it in, 10 minutes later it's at 60%, i'll unplug it an in 2 minutes its back to 20%. not normal =/

but its all moot because i bought a 3500mah battery from gorilla gadgets ;p